𝟎𝟑 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋 Ⅱ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OLIVIA WAS WAITING FOR Elijah's answer. She was getting really impatient, so she just called him. 

"Hello Olivia." she heard Elijah's voice. 

"Hey Elijah. What's your answer now?" she asked clearly impatiently, which elicited a slight laugh from him. 

"Well my dear, my answer is no." he said and sighed. He knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but he just couldn't. He neither wanted nor could he hand over Olivia to Klaus.

"You are kidding me." Olivia said indignantly and he could hear her voice shaking slightly. "There is no way you will take Elena!" she said a little louder.

"I never said I would take Elena." he stated for her. 

"But if you don't bring me to Klaus, then Elena will be in my place." this time she stated for him. "Can you at least tell me why the hell you said no?" she asked with a disappointed undertone in her voice.

There was brief silence on the other line because Elijah was thinking. What should he tell her? How could he give her an answer to a question he couldn't answer himself? 

"It won't work with your blood." he lied to her. 

"And why not? How do you even know?" she asked incredulously and emphasized the 'you'.

"It is not intended that there will be two doppelgangers, which is why it only works with one person. In that case, it's Elena. Believe me, I have my sources there." he continued to lie. It wasn't that he liked it, but it was the only way to protect her.

Olivia just sighed in response. "Okay, if so, but can you still help me?" she asked hopefully.

"Of course. It's not your fault that your blood isn't working, after all." he said politely and didn't lie either. It really wasn't her fault as she didn't know the truth.

"Thank you, Elijah." she said, half satisfied. "How are we going to proceed?" 

"You don't have to go to school tomorrow, right?" he asked and she said yes. "Then I'll pick you up at 1 p.m." he added. 

"All right, you know the address for sure." she said, alluding to the kidnapping. 

"Yes indeed." he replied, slightly amused by her allusion.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." she said goodbye. 

"See you tomorrow, my dear." he said before hanging up.