~ 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥~

The concept of happiness is so fuckin overrated.

I don't understand why everyone is suddenly chasing it like a quidditch snitch.

"I just want to be happy", they say.

"But what makes you happy?" They don't have an answer.

It's such an addictive cycle, to constantly chase things that give you this rush of dopamine, a sense kf euphoria. These self help books, motivation videos, life coaches... They keep telling you that you need to do this and that to find happiness. You need to work harder, lift heavier, look better, be more outspoken, interact more, work your ass off and go to NYC... You have these images in your head of how your future is going to be... and thinking about it makes your toes curl, but then you realise you're actually not doing much to get those things done, for whatever reason. It cripples you with this fear. All the talented kids are out there, hashtag hustling... And you're still picking up the pieces life has left you in.

Just do me a favour and breathe for a while. You can't keep living like a pendulum swinging between your past and your future. Your idea of the perfect life cannot be based on what you see on social media. Nobody is posting their failures online. You are so crippled by anxiety that you don't notice how much is going on around you, right now. Come back. To this moment. To here. You don't have to chase happiness. You don't have to force yourself to swallow positivity pills and feel better. It's perfectly all right to feel like shit once in a while. You can't expect to smile all the time, that'd just look weird. But you can embrace everything that comes your way, laugh till you have tears in your eyes, cry till you're out of breath, go all in on that one thing that you love doing the most... Or just stare at the stars and see how insignificant you are...

And that's the magic of being alive. You can feel every bit of everything that you're feeling right now and know that it is just a fleeting moment. You'll never get it back...

And all we have... Is right now.

~ sus

A/n :- I swear the whole lace up album has helped me through many dark places in my life. Machine Gun Kelly makes music i feel in my soul. These older songs and his Lace Up message and shit have helped me in a way I can't put into words.

P.s :- lilmunchkin25. This is a small glimps of  what HAPPENED today~

 This is a small glimps of  what HAPPENED today~