2

I wake up, sitting up in my bed and looking at the clock on my bedside table, 7:00am, time to wake Rose up. I pull the blankets off me and stand up, walking over to the curtains and pull them open, leaving the wooden blinds closed. Then, I kneel down by roses bed and kiss her forehead. "Sweetie, it's time to wake up, you've got a big day ahead of you." I whisper in her ear and she opens her eyes slightly. "Morning, honey. You need to wake up." I say and she yawns and garbles out a few words, basically gibberish as she's tired. She sits up and i lift her out of bed and carry her down to the kitchen, careful not to wake my younger siblings, Erin and Sam. I sit her in her highchair and look in the cabinet, saying little things to Rose as she plays with a little elephant plushie. I pick out a bag of porridge and put it in a pot along with milk and put it to simmer as i make myself some tea and toast.  I make up a sippy cup of diluent blackcurrant juice and give it to Rose as I take the porridge off the stove and add a little honey and put it in a plastic bowl with a little plastic spoon and place it in front of her. I begin to feed her and she eats it.

When she's done I lift her out of her highchair and put her down, I take my tea and toast and follow her to the living room, where  I put on the cartoon chanell and she sits happily on the sofa.

When I'm done my tea, I walk to the kitchen and put the cup in the sink and return to Rose. "Honey, it's time for a bath." I say enthusiastically,  trying to make her excited.
"Mummyyy." She whines so i tell her we'll go to the park later to convince her and it works. I lift her upstairs and sit her on the closed toilet, turning on the warm and cold water tap so the waters not too hot.  When it's ready I put in some of her bath toys and get her ready.

After the bath, I dry her dark blonde hair and put it in two pigtails, fixing her baby hairs around her face and dress her in a white top with a pair of dungarees (overalls if ur not irish or don't use dungarees) and a pair of white trainers.  I look over at the clock and it's nine so I send Rose to wake up Erin and Sam while I wake up my parents.

A few hours later, I get a call from my friend asking me to meet at a coffee shop in the local shopping center with Rose. I get Rose ready to leave, putting all the things she'll need into a bag and putting it in the bottom of her buggy and putting her in it.

We live relatively close to the shopping center so I walk to it, going to the second floor and into the little family owned coffee shop me and my friend, Tia, always meet at. I see her in a booth in the corner by the window. I walk over and sit down, after putting Rose into the highchair that tea pulled over. "It's been so long, what, 2 months since we properly went out." I say, looking at the menu. "I know, with me travelling and you have Rose, God we are busy." She says and I laugh, nodding in agreement. "So, how was Barbados?" I ask her, giving Rose a little pack of raisins that she really likes. "Oh, you'd love it, the beaches, the views, the men, God, the men were so just, you know, it was like picking the biggest piece of gold from a treasure chest, hard to choose which one you wanted. The weather was fabulous, sun everyday for a month straight." She says, excitedly.  "That sounds great." I say, not really knowing what to say as I haven't been up up much compared to her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of said anything, with you being stuck in the house with your little one." She says, pointing at Rose, who is playing with a doll. "I don't see it that way, I like how busy it is and now she's getting more independent and I feel more comfortable now going out and leaving her at home with my mum and dad, you know." I say, after ordering as the waitress came over. "We need a night out now, how about next weekend?" Tia says, enthusiastically. "I look forward to it." I say as the waitress delivers our coffee and the muffin I ordered for Rose.

"Di." Tia says, using the nickname She came  up for me when we were 12 , but she looks worried. "It's him."