6

I put on my black dress and put on the necklace that Roger gave me. Roger is dressing Evie for the funeral as i couldn't bring myself to do it. I put on a bit of male up to make myself look a bit more alive, making sure i put on waterproof mascara so I don't cry through it. I feel a pair of arms wrapping around my waist and a head nuzzling into my neck. "It's going to be OK, love, I'm going to be there for you all day, I promise." Roger says to me. "Don't worry, rose is on my bed playing with her dolls." Hr adds to calm me down a bit. "I'm glad you're coming today, not just for Rose, for me too, I like having you around." "Di, will you do uo my tie, if I do it it'll be a half asked job at it, and I want to make a good Impression on your family, and i want them to trust me, especially today with it being your mum's funeral, I want to help all of you." He says, Turning me around and handing me the black silly tie. "We wouldn't want that now, would we?" I say and he smiles. It's nice, the last few days all I've been getting were pitiful smiles and now it's different to see a genuine smile. I pop his collar up and put his hair to one side, sliding the tie around his neck and I do it up, noticing how his eyes are watching my face as I concentrate on doing it, his arms still wrapped around my waist."I better check on rose, well go to my house then, alright?" I say as I fix his collar around his neck. "You go start the car and ill bring Rose down, sound good?" "Yeah." He says in response as I walk away from him.

We pull up to my house and get out with Rose. Walking inside, my dad pulls me away to tge utility room. "Why is he here?" He says, under his breath. "Dad, he's as much a part of this family now as I am, he's roses dad and she wants him here and so do I, quite frankly." "Well, he's not sitting with us." "Then we'll find somewhere else to sit, stop acting like a five year old." I say walking out and finding Rose and Roger on a sofa in the living room. I sit down beside them and give Rose a sandwich from the kitchen. "What was that all about?" He asks me, and I hate lieing to him but I can't tell him my dad doesn't want him here. "Just sorting out something, nothing for you to worry about love." I say to him and he nods. Erin comes over and lifts Rose off his lap saying she's missed her and takes her upstairs. "I want a smoke, coming?" I ask him, standing up and grabbing my purse."Yeah, didn't know you smoked." "Only when I'm stressed." I say and we walk out side, leaning against the wall I pull out a pack of fags(cigarettes I hate that word) and hand him one and take one myself and light them. He puts his free arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him. "How're you feeling?" He asks me. "I've been worse, it happens to everyone." I say, convincing myself that I'm OK. "You two would make a cute couple, I bet Rose loves him." I hear my mums sister, Claire  say walking up from the gate. "When did you get back from Australia?" I ask her trying to divert the conversation from Roger. "Just yesterday, I couldn't believe it when I heard, now let's get back to you, any hopes on finding the dad?" She says and I nod  not really knowing what to do."it's Roger." I say, breaking the silence that formed between us. "Oh, lovely. Now i have to go help inside, talk soon." She says and walks inside. When me and Roger head inside after we're done and find Rose playing with Erin and her boyfriend.

A few hours later we head to the church and I can safely say that, so far, the next few hours were the most heart breaking of my life.