Request for anonymous - Dentist/boyfriend Harry

Note: Just a quick note first to say I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages! I started a new job (in dentistry actually!) so I've been busy with that. Someone requested this and it got me back into writing so I hope you enjoy!

Please feel free to request 😊
———————————————————————————

You and your boyfriend Harry had been dating for around 18 months and although you loved him, there was one thing that made you nervous about him.

Harry was a dentist, a good one at that. When you met him, he had been promoted to principle dentist at the practice he worked in, meaning long nights spent doing admin. He enjoyed the role and it suited him well, he took so much pride in his work and it made him happy.

You on the other hand didn't. You were of course so proud of him and all that he had achieved, however ever since you could remember, you had a fear or the dentist. A bad experience had left you so nervous you hadn't stepped foot in a dentist for years. Luckily, Harry had never mentioned anything about you going to the dentist, and you hoped it stayed that way.

He walked in one night still wearing his scrubs with his face flush from the hot summers day. He sat his bag down in the hall and walked into the living room, immediately smelling what you had cooked for dinner. "Something smells good" he said coming up behind you in the kitchen and kissing your neck, his hands on your hips. "Thanks. It'll be ready soon" you said kissing him back.

You finished cooking and you both sat down and began to ate. "How was work?" You asked. "It was fine, just the usual. How was your day love?" He asked eating some pasta.

"It was good, I went for a run this morning then just went to work" you told him. "How was work today?" He asked looking up whilst he chewed. "Fine, lots of new projects but we're getting there" you smiled. The two of you continued to enjoy talking, talking about work and plans for the weekend.

As you were eating, you suddenly felt a sharp pain in your mouth. "Agh!" you screamed out, your hand going up to your cheek. "What's wrong?" Harry asked suddenly, standing up and coming to your side. "Uh I think I just bit my tongue" you lied through gritted teeth. "Are you sure? Want me to have a look?" He asked. "No no I'm fine honestly!" You knew Harry wasn't buying it. He glanced at you as he sat back down.

You were able to finish dinner by eating on the opposite side of your mouth as the throbbing pain from the tooth on the right side continued.

After dinner, you quickly ran upstairs and took some painkillers, hoping that would help you for at least a couple of hours.

You took the pill but half an hour later you were still in a lot of pain. You were trying to avoid Harry at all costs. You went for a bath, which lasted almost an hour and a half just so as you wouldn't have to talk to him and he wouldn't notice you were in pain.

It was 9:30pm when you finally got out of the bath. You brushed your teeth the best you could, completely avoiding the right side of your mouth.

Walking into the bedroom, you seen Harry sitting on top of the bed watching TV. "Good bath?" He asked looking up to you. You nodded your head and smiled at him, too scared to talk. "Are you alright?" Harry asked now giving you his full attention. He knew something was wrong with you, he could read you like a book.

"Yeah" your voice couldn't have been any more high pitched if it tried. "I know a lie when I hear one"
"No I'm fine. Honestly" you said breaking from his hug to get into bed. "Y/n, this isn't like you. Please tell me what's wrong. Have I said something to upset you?" Harry questioned looking confused.

"No it's not you" you answered with a sigh. But there is something bothering you?"

"No there's nothing wrong I promise Harry. Let's watch something" you were desperate to get away from this conversation.