𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。..。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。..。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

DEAN'S POV

I sat down beside Eden, letting out a huff of boredom and anxiousness. Sam and Ellen had left, leaving her and I to tend to the citizens of Wherever-The-Fuck-We-Are. Sam offered for Eden to come, but she shook her head. I don't know why she stayed, but I could tell it was killing her.

Hell, it's killing me too. Despite my brother and I's argument, it's still my job to protect him and I'm sitting on a stair and watching friggin' Homer and Marge argue in the corner. I had some faith in him, but still-- he craves demon blood and now he's surrounded in it.

I looked at the girl with caramel skin and curly black hair. She was bouncing her knee and darting her eyes towards the door repeatedly. Whenever I got annoyed enough, I placed my hand on her knee. "Would ya stop that?"

"Sorry." She mumbled. I let silence fall between us before beginning another conversation. What can I say, I'm a sucker for information.

"Okay, I'll bite. What's goin' on between you and Sam?" I sighed, removing my hand from her knee. Eden's brown eyes flickered towards mine.

"Nothing, I promise." She said. I could tell she was being truthful. She seemed shocked by my assumption.

"Okay, then what's up?" I rephrase. She gnawed on her inner cheek.

"Being here... Scaring Ellen... It's--- I mean, is this what it's gonna be like? Am I gonna be known as a freak? What if I do go bad? Even you said that I wasn't acting like myself. What if I'm just as bad as Aza--?"

"Hey," I interrupt.

She looked up at me, her eyes full of nothing but innocence and fear, and sniffled.

"You are not a bad person," I assured. "You're a helluva girl, E. Not a freak in my book at all. You're like... Rogue! Rogue from X-Men!" I claimed, making her laugh. And my God, was it a relief to hear it. "As for Ellen--- she'll come around."

"Thanks, Deano." She nudged her shoulder with mine. We smiled at one another for a couple of seconds before being interrupted by the Pastor, praying out loud.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He layeth me down in green pastures, and he raiseth me up again. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil."

Something began pounding on the door, sending Eden and I flying out of our seats. She began walking, but I held her back with my arm and approached the door myself. I don't care if she's a powerful being, she isn't gonna face jack shit that could hurt her.

I peeked through the peephole. "Ellen."

𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I felt my heart drop as Ellen walked in without Sam. Her face was pale and sickly. "Where's Sam?" Dean asked, urgency in his voice. Ellen simply shook her head and sat down next to a young woman, who passed her a water bottle.

"They took him."

"They took him? Demons took him? Oh my god. What if they're in here? The demons?" The pregnant woman worried.

"They can't get in," I mumbled. Dean grabbed a shotgun.

"Okay, everyone sit ti--" He turned around, looking at the crowd of fearful citizens. He had an inner war with himself before putting the gun down. "Okay, we need to get a plan together. Tell me everything."

-

I could feel my palms sweat as Dean grabbed a Bible from a shelf.

""And there fell a great star from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell upon the river, and the name of the star was Wormwood. And many men died."" He recited. There was an all-of-a-sudden polluted river and shooting star that occurred here on Wednesday night. If he's right, we're screwed.

"Revelation eight ten. Are you saying that this is about the apocalypse?" Pastor questioned.

"You could say. And these specific omens, they're prelude to what?" Dean asked.

"The Four Horsemen," I answered. Dean looked at me quizzically and I began talking once again. "The Mustang on Main. Dean, who the fuck in this redneck ass town is riding in a red mustang? It's War. War's turning all of us against one another. He's making them think we're demons and making us think they're demons. What if that's why I can feel the negative energy? What if that's why it's so overwhelming? It's not demons-- It's a Horseman. Dean, this is the apocalypse."

--

a/n: short chapter. i wont be updating for a little. i've been kinda avoiding writing bc a family member passed away. their funeral is tomorrow so i'll be taking some time away from my phone