X

Onikas Pov

I woke up, last night kinda felt like a dream. Being around people that genuinely cared about what I wanted to do and just about me in general felt so nice.

I laid in bed on my side, my half opened curtain being my only view. I reached for my phone, I tapped the screen to check the time.

It was around 4am and I decided to get up. I slipped on my bunny slippers and began my saturday routine.

I ran my shower and stepped in. The warm water made me feel better, It was one of the rare times I actually enjoyed being alone.

I was popular, I had tons of "friends" but I still felt so lonely. Being alone 24/7 does something to a girl.

"I need to stop feeling sorry for myself." I said to no one in particular as I stepped outside my shower. I caught a glimpse of my naked body in the mirror and I felt so uncomfortable with it.

I didn't want to stare at my scars or imperfections today.

I grabbed a towel quickly and wrapped it around myself. I quickly brushed my teeth and changed into sweatpants with a tank top. Slipping mh bunny slippers back on.

I grabbed my dirty clothes hamper and lugged it down the stairs into our laundry room.

It felt old thinking of it as "our" laundry room when my farther is barely here nowadays.

I started sorting through my clothes, my Saturdays were often boring unless Kenzie invited me to go somewhere.

I crouched down and watched my clothes go in circles before I heard my phone ring from ont too the dryer. I was suprised by the caller.

Dad♥️

I answered almost immediately waiting for him to speak.

"Onika! Sorry I missed our Saturday check ins last week phone was acting so weird—iphones are really getting on my nerves." I laughed leaning against the dryer.

He never was good with technology. He broke my rest computer without realizing he broke it.

"It's okay Dad, I know you're busy." I said looking down at my bunny slippers. One ear was up and one ear was down on the right one.

"Yeah, I am. I wish I wasn't really—but money doesn't grow on trees ya know!" He said with enthusiasm. My farther was always positive even in the darkest times.

Sometimes I wish he'd really see me though.

"I know. Do you think you can make it this year? For Thanksgiving?" I asked and there was silence.

"I'll try my best—you know I try—"

"I know you try your best Dad." I said. I always felt like I was reassuring him.

"Enough about me! How's school been? Social life? I want all the—what do you guys call it? Tea!"He said sounding so proud of himself.

"Homecoming was last week, It was okay. Our team won as usual. I hung out with some new people." I said thinking of Beyoncé and her crew.

"New people? No bad influences right?" He asked I know he was only being semi-serious.

"No Dad. No bad influences. They're cool people." I said. They really were cool people; I had so much fun with them. They had humor, good humor even if it was just the arguing a lot.

"Don't be shy tell me about them! I wanna know all the tea." I couldn't help but laugh again. My farther always made a effort to call me, made sure I was okay.