XXIV

Beyoncé Pov

I released  her from the hug and she gave me a quick kiss. "I love you so much. I don't deserve you I really yelled at you for being nervous." She sighed against my chest.

"No—no. I was yelling at you and called your aunt a bitch when I didn't even really know her. Now I know that she's cool." Her aunt was cool.

I can see why she'd be protective of Onika after everything that happened—I'm protective of Onika now and I forever will be. I was her safe place—that felt so good to know.

She looked up at me with a slight pout. "Why were you so nervous anyway? You're usually really mellow. Usually i'm the one who would be stressing out." She pointed out.

I could tell her that I literally was sweating like crazy because I wanted her aunt to like me so I can have full approval form her full family to marry her. That would ruin multiple things.

"I just—It eases my mind to know that your people like me. Makes me feel worthy." I wasn't lying—that really was the truth. She smiled up at me.

"You are worthy—you have been since day one." She said and I loved it when those pretty brown eyes met my hazel ones. It confirmed that she was telling the truth—she wasn't lying to me.

God I loved her.

"Well now I know for sure know that your people think I'm worthy of you." She shook her head.

"You're worthy of me wether they think so or not. Don't get all up in your head again okay? I'm happy you guys have solved your little fight. You got the ingredients right?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. You sure did put alot on there—oh Michelle is searching for ice cream and I didn't get any. She's unpacking the groceries as we speak." I said and she shook her head.

"That was on the list Yonce—why is she unpacking the groceries if there's no ice cream?" She asked pulling away from me and I sat on our bed.  She sounded a little frustrated.

"Free labor. Duh." I said like it was obvious and I heard her airy laugh. "Gosh you're terrible." I heard her say.

"I'm terrible? You just said I was worthy!" I exclaimed and she smiled and shook her head before starting to change her shirt.

"I'm going to help your mom clean up the kitchen and I'm gonna unpack the groceries because I know Michelle is going to give up looking after awhile. I'll send Aubrey out to get ice creams and desserts." She sounded like she was talking to herself and It clicked.

She was stressed too. Right.

I stood up immediately as she continued to ramble to herself about plans and I took her face in my hands. It felt nice to have her look up at me with so much love.

"Hey—I'll go back out. I'll force Robyn to come with me or something because Aubrey will forget half the shit on the list and get distracted." I stated and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah—kinda like how you did huh?"

Okay she got me there.

"Oh and bring some fire wood—your dad said the fireplace actually isn't just for show. Sorry I didn't put it on the list." She sighed. I gave her a soft kiss on the lips to calm her nerves.

"I think you're stressed out. I'll get Robyn to come with me for the sweet stuff, Ill make Kelly and Michelle actually unpack the groceries and Aubrey can help my mom with cleaning the kitchen. You need your rest. You're getting up bright and early to prep for Christmas eve dinner."