Chapter IX

IMPORTANT A/N :

I'm considering taking out all of the mentions to the (y/n) character having a miraculous, I think that it overcomplicates the story and I don't think heavy-action, superhero - style writing is my forte anyway.

Based on the response I get, I will go back to earlier chapters and erase all text about Lone Wolf, (y/n) will still have intimate relationships with Adrien in and out of superhero form, but I would rather write something simple and good, than complicated and bad.

If I were to just to keep (y/n)'s character as a civilian, I feel that I would definitely be able to churn out chapters more frequently, and polish the story even better than my godforsaken first draft.

Please let me know what you would prefer to read!

The sun's beams streaming through the window awoke (y/n) from a dream filled night. She was still groggy when Meera came in for her usual spiel. Her routine went quickly, as she half mindedly went through the motions.

Before she gained any real consciousness, (y/n) realized she was halfway down the elevator to Adrien's car.

Surprisingly, when the elevator door opened, Adrien was already there, opening the car door for her, smiling brightly

"Bonjour, (y/n)!"

She wished she could return the same enthusiasm, but she simply did not have the energy. As she got into the seat, she muttered her greeting.

"Bonjour, Adrien..."

Adrien wanted to question her about her state, but simply he climbed into his seat. He was going to let it be, but his curiosity bubbled up inside of him. And he pressed a question.

"Forgive me if this is rude, (y/n), but you seem... how do you say... fatiguée? everything is okay?"

(y/n) sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. No tangles snagged their path.

"Tired. I'm tired... I didn't get much sleep last night, and I havent had a coffee yet."

Adrien grinned a reassurance and tapped on the shoulder of his driver.

"Hé, avons-nous assez de temps pour nous arrêter dans un café avant l'école?" (hey, can we go to a café before school?)

The chauffeur grunted indistinctly and made an unfamiliar turn. In barely a few seconds, the car arrived at a small cafe. As expected in Paris, there is a cafe on every corner.

The sign read " La Vrai Paris"

Adrien opened the car door for (y/n) and made their way inside. The place was cute, but packed, and as soon as they entered all eyes were on them. People started to whisper, and some took out their phones to take pictures.

Adrien began to feel a little nervous, the luxury of privacy was not one that he and (y/n) enjoyed, none the less, Adrien pressed on and divided the crowd to find his way to the counter.

"Deux cappuccinos et deux croissant" Said Adrien, "s'il vous plaît" (two cappuccinos and croissant... please)

The employee seemed a little star struck for a moment, but then came to his senses and rung up the order, muttering the order to a nearby barista.