Chapter VII

Chloe thought for a moment, and finally, took (y/n)'s hand and led her out of the bathroom.

"Uhh yeah? Who wouldn't want to get lunch with a celebrity ? You're like, the BEST accessory."

(y/n) sighed but still followed behind, she realized that the moment they had together was a slither of hope for Chloe's morality. She knew that it was going to be a hard and frustrating battle, but (y/n) wasn't the type to give up, and if helping Chloe was going to help other people, then (y/n) was sure she could take a few blows for that cause.

The pair talked and walked through the streets together until they found that cafe. Once they went inside, a few voices chattered about their entrance. (y/n) approached the counter and Chloe found them a table by the window to sit at.

The cashier was pretty quick to recognize (y/n), and he pulled over his fellow employees to take a look at the celebrity who was standing in front of them. It took her a fair few minutes to start ordering, even then, it was hard to spit it out between the awe filled faces.

"Alors, pourrais-je commander deux cappuccinos, un avec du lait écrémé, s'il vous plaît? Puis-je également commander deux croque monsieurs?" (So could I order two cappuccinos, one with skim milk, please? Could I also order two croque monsieurs?)

The cashier rang up the order and (y/n) pulled out her euros and paid. She turned to leave, but the cashier stopped her.

"Um ... Tu crois ... que je pourrais avoir une photo avec toi, s'il vous plaît?" (Um... Do you think... I could get a picture with you please?)

(y/n) tried to hide her sigh, at this rate, she wasn't going to have enough time to eat before the hour and a half for lunch was up. But of course, she enthusiastically agreed, and the cashier jumped over the divider and pulled out his cell phone for a selfie.

She gave the camera her best smile and she could practically feel the guy melt next to her. He thanked her profusely for the photo and (y/n) was left to go back to Chloe at the table. But unfortunately, Chloe was agitated more than usual.

"What took you so long?! Do they not have time in London or are you just going at a snail pace to agitate me? I hope you didn't forget the skim milk in my cappuccino, otherwise I'm going to be even more angry... I'm not counting on it though, I hear models are all body and no brains."

It took every ounce of (y/n)'s already worn patience to not blow up in Chloe's face, but she could hear Adrien's voice in the back of her mind to be patient. So instead, (y/n) sat down opposite Chloe and answered her calmly.

"I'm sorry for taking so long, Chloe. The cashier wanted to get a picture with me, and no, I didn't forget the skim milk... And Chloe? Please don't call me dumb or insult me like that,"

Chloe was a little surprised at (y/n)'s response, usually she was answered with profuse apologies or a retaliation. But (y/n) just shut her down completely and didn't give her anything to work with, so they just sat in silence until Chloe found the words and mumbled them.

"...Je suis désolé..." (I'm sorry)

"What? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"It's nothing... God, when is the food getting here? I'm like... starving"

In truth, (y/n) heard Chloe clearly, but she knew that she wasn't ready for that big of a step just yet, and she definitely didn't want to rush things and risk losing progress. Just as silence fell again, a waiter came by and paced the two dishes and two cappuccinos in front of them. But before they left, they asked (y/n) for a picture, which would have been frustrating, but it made Chloe feel like she was in cahoots with a celebrity, so no one minded.