01.

b e g i n n i n g .

today’s the day where the two kingdoms meet, only as kingdoms, not rivals. every two decades the two kingdoms meet only as rulers, talking about politics and etc.

it has been a rule in the mother book, a rule that could never break. the past rulers of the two kingdoms tried to break the rules, but ends up being prosecuted by their own people for not obliging.

this time, the two kingdoms meet at the castle of the rulers of nevuroux, the kingdom is quite nervous, as many vampires they have always feared of as a child will visit them.

"princess aeri, it’s time to wake up." jeno shook aeri a bit gently as he tries to wake the princess up for the tenth time.

"what time is it...?" aeri’s voice sounds husky, slowly flickering her eyes to adjust herself from the brightness.

jeno looked at the clock, with his soothing voice he replied, "it’s 7:47am, princess."

"oh- wait WHAT?" aeri jolted from her bed from surprise, she woke up late.

"i’ve been trying to wake you up for about ten times, your majesty." jeno explained with a calmed voice.

"cut the 'your majesty' shit, we’re the same age dumbass." aeri voiced, looking distraught by the fact that she woke up late, "shit I have morning training today as well." she muttered, now more stressed than ever.

"okay then dear friend, I suggest you know go clean yourself up and go to the dining room, there’s food reserved for you." jeno said as he walks up to the door, "today’s the annual party as well, princess" he says before closing the door and leaving.

he left aeri confused for a solid one minute, till she realizes the date.

"this is going to be fun."

»

"this annual thing is stupid" the prince remarked as he removes his fangs off from the artery of the human he compelled to follow him.

"i am afraid that i disagree on that," his butler, renjun protested as he watches prince haechan suck out nearly all the blood of that poor human.

"enlighten me please," haechan said breathlessly as he stands up, blood dripping down on his mouth, letting his tongue lick the excess blood around his lips.

"this rule was made for both kingdoms to be united, well at least to be friends, not rivals," renjun stated as he hands a white cloth to haechan, so he could clean himself up.