Getting to Know Him | 1

[!!] NOTE: RECOMMEND READING [!!]:

This is my first Wattpad; I am very aware the writing is extremely cliche and overused.

I wish I could re-edit some chapters but it deletes comments, which I love reading and rather not delete, sorry in advance! (this chapter is the only chapter I've edited which is why the next chapter may seem less descriptive)

Also, this story may be discontinued like a lot of TOH books. Emphasise on may, because I might write a few more chapters! <3

(enjoy anyways!) <3

"Oh, Titan, I'm going to be late!" Gus groaned and rolled out of bed. He had barely gotten any sleep, staying up till dawn to finish a project which was almost due. It had only been a few minutes before he rushed out the door. 

"Woah, Gu-" his dad remarked. "Don't...have...time," Gus replied in between gasps for air,  "love you!"

He arrived nearby the school campus, deciding to approach a pathway, doing somewhat of a morning exercise jog. Somehow, he was a bit early (he probably read his clock wrong), meaning he had some time to go through his scroll. Gus heard someone behind him mumbling to themself; in response, he turned around.

"Excu- Mattholomule?" he said, a confused and dubious look on his face. 

"Oh, hi Augustus" he replied, not bothering to pay attention to him. "Um, you look lost, do you need help?" Gus said meekly. 

"No, I know where I'm going, thank you very much" Matt sneered sarcastically and continued to walk in the opposite direction of the school. He hesitated before staring back at Gus.

"Actually, um, I might be a bit lost," he whispered trying to keep his cool but his blush gave away his nervousness. Gus chuckled kindly and led him towards the school.

. .

"Here is your construction class, I think," Gus said, gesturing to a class that look occupied. 

"Um, Gu-Augustus...I don't do the construction track anymore," Matt said. 

"Wait, no, you're joking. Really! What track are you doing?" he whispered yelled, giving a startled Matt to fumble a bit before talking again. 

"Illusions," he whispered, slowly turning red, "after that incident we had with Bria, you made me realise how powerful illusions can be."

Gus looked as if he was going to explode, actually no, he probably is. 

"REALLY, YES!" he exclaimed, doing a little, awkward dance which the class in the other room laughed at. He dragged Matt over to the illusion class, entering the sea of puzzled students; where he sat him next to a table located in the back corner.

The teacher hadn't bothered to introduce Matt, which he actually was relieved of.  He cleared his throat hoarsely, an obvious gesture to silence the class, before delivering his speech.

"Today, we will be creating an illusion clone, of yourself, however doing someone else is also acceptable." Matt awkwardly turned towards Gus.

"Augustus, um," he paused, "how do you make an illusion?" 

"First of all, my name is Gus..." he subtly scolded but quickly changed to a cordial voice, "and second of all let me show you".

.~ Matt's POV ~.

Gus held onto my arm. A heat waved through my face. Oh, please not now. 

"Matt, you okay?" He curiously stared at my eyes, which caused me to almost choke on air. 

"Me? Oh, yup. Very fine, definitely". 

He laughed and continued to help me, oblivious to the weird heat that started growing on my face.

After somewhat getting the basics, I created my illusion. When I did, a quiet squeak came out of my mouth (I really hope Gus didn't hear that).

"Good jo-oh, my gosh. Matt, you made...me?" he said surprised but excited; I swear I saw a small blush on his face. 

I tried to undo it but it didn't work. Gus did a cute little giggle and made the illusion of him vanish. 

Wait, did I just say cute? No, I'm not gay, definitely not, no way.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ Time Skip —————————————————

School had just ended, thank Titan. 

For some reason, I was so kind towards Gus today...maybe even a bit too kind. I know what happened with the whole befriending incident but if people see me kind towards Gus, they might think we have something going on.

"Matt!"

Coincidentally, Gus appeared behind me, beaming with happiness. 

"Hey, twerp," I snapped back, noticing some popular teenagers walking past us.

"Woah, um. I was just asking whether you want to come to my house...but, er." He paused. "You don't look like you're in the mood right now."

Wait, he wanted me to go to his? After all I've said and done to him in the past month? Actually, now thinking about home, my parents were most likely drunk, as unsurprisingly as you'd think from such seemingly nice parents.

"Wait!"

Gus fixated his head towards me, a gloomy shine in his eye.

"Um, yeah, sure. I can come over...whatever," I mumbled, still trying to keep my cool in front of the popular kids who were now glaring at us.

Gus's eyes lit up with stars, quite literally (I have no idea how he's able to do that). 

"Actually, I might come now if that's fine." This made Gus even more ballistic.

"YAY! I WOULD LOVE TO BE WITH YOU-wait, I mean..." Gus faltered in his speech, a very visible blush spreading across his face. 

Did he just say...all of a sudden, he grabbed my arm and pulled me, to what I was assuming was his house.