Two Lovers Intertwined | 7

•~ Matt's POV ~•

Gus suddenly sprinted away upstairs, into an unknown room leaving everyone else in utter shock. I felt different; not anger, or disappointment, or relief...I felt sad. Every once in a while I would have a bad day leaving me a bit upset but Gus rejecting my kiss...tore me to pieces. A curse had struck my heart slowly filling my eyes with heavy tears.

"Why would he do tha-Matt, are you okay?"

I couldn't handle it anymore. I ran upstairs, forgetting about life and time, running into an unknown room opposite of Gus's. Why would I go straight for it, now he thinks I like him and...shit. My head was mentally throbbing with thoughts and feelings I'd never thought I'd experience.

Suddenly, I heard the door creak open. Oh, no. Please don't see me.

•~ 3rd Person POV ~•

A familiar blonde, scarred boy stood at the doorway, flinching from what he saw in the middle of the room. Matt, was it? What's wrong with him? Hunter gently approached Matt, noticing he was leaving a small tear puddle on the floor. "Um...Matt are you okay? Something bad going on?" Hunter tried to ease him; and whilst despite having that authoritative voice he usually had, he spoke carefully to the boy.

Matt stuttered before uttering out a few sentences. "Yes, something worse than bad just happened. I don't know what happened back there, Gus just ran away from me," he whispered on the verge of tears. Hunter gazed at Matt,

"I-er, really mean this but, I am...er, so sorry. C'mere on my bed, the floor isn't very comfortable". He motioned to his bed. Matt slightly smiled hoping onto his bed, before looking down again.

"I know this is really sudden, and I'm really sorry if I'm attacking your personal comfort zone but-um...do you like that kid," Hunter slowly said, "Gus."

Can I trust this boy, that I literally just met a few hours ago? "I-er...um, uh," he fumbled, thinking heavily, "to be honest...I think. I never really got the whole homosexual thing because of my parents but I feel like I am finding boys attractive." Hunter seemed to glow a bit, realising how this whole situation was now. He paused a bit, adding onto the already awkward silence, before continuing.

"I'm so sorry again, you know...kissing your crush isn't an easy task. Especially if it's a same-sex person," he replied sincerely. "I had exactly what you felt. Me and Edric met in the woods and we shortly after became friends. We both had crushes on each other but didn't want to say it since we feared rejection and the loss of our friendship."

"That's probably what Gus felt; the fear that if he kissed you, you might find it weird and reject him. Don't worry though, it has literally nothing to do with you...I've talked to Gus for a bit before and I see he gets really paranoid easily. He tends to overthink stuff."

Matt understandingly nodded, Hunter's words had changed a bit of his perspective. Wait, so Gus might actually like me? Was he scared of me...being angry at him?

"I, uh...thanks, by the way. Your the first trans person I've ever talked to, let alone person who is gay," Matt thanked, appreciative for his effort to comfort him.

"Oh, yeah, that's fine. Anything to help a homosexual." He smiled revealing a tooth gap between his teeth. Ok, now it's time to ask him the question, Matt.

"Er-Hunter..." he whispered. "Mhm?"

"I'm trans," Matt mumbled.

"Wait, what?"

Matt threw his shirt off, exposing bandages wrapped tightly around his chest. Hunter's mouth opened wide. "You're like me?"