Gay Panic Everywhere | 3

.~ Gus's POV ~.

I had finished putting away the remaining artefacts and clothes on the floor before getting ready to change myself. After looking through a few selection of clothes, I settled on a simple green shirt and grey night pants (Matt probably took my pink hoodie). The winter on the Boiling Isles was extremely cold, especially during the night compared to the human world (source is from Luz).

I hopped up to go get changed, opening the door to the bathroom ensuite. HOLY TITAN. I yelled mentally. Matt was shirtless, looking away from the door, scrolling through his scroll. I couldn't help but just stare at the back of his body.

GUS, WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS.

I reluctantly shut the door, instantly regretting it as I had made a quiet yet audible noise. I decided to just quickly get changed right where I was.

A few moments after I had finished getting changed, Matt opened the door wearing an oversized pink hoodie and white sweatpants. HE'S SO CUTE, SHIT. I was having a bisexual panic (or gay panic if you want), beating my head mentally trying to get those thoughts out. "Yo, Gus...uh, you alright?" he questioned confused. I shook my head vigorously, however, he obviously wasn't convinced.

"Oh, come on. You can tell me. It's not like I can really tell anyone else since I'm...friendless." He jokingly pouted. Wait, did he just say I was his friend? Well, we were 'friends' but it just felt weird him saying that.

I laughed a bit, a weird yet pleasant feeling starting to burn up inside me. "Oh, it's nothing really, I'm just feeling weird; that's all," I replied, half lying. "Why are you feeling weird?" he asked hesitantly. I could see he didn't want me to feel uncomfortable. "It's...um, I jus-"

"Dinner is ready!" I heard my dad call out, holding out bags of McBelos in front of us. "Oh-um, we're going to watch a movie so...can we eat in my room please?" I pleaded, knowing the answer since my dad was that dad. "Sure, just don't put food everywhere!" he just audibly answered.

McBelos is similar to those food chains they have in the human realm (after reading through multiple banned human books). We had large burgers (an extra two for Matt despite him being reluctant) and an abundance of fries. I passed it over to Matt which I noticed his eye were wide open.

"Woah, you look like you haven't eaten in days!" I said, genuinely confused and concerned. "Oh, uh-yeah...I don't get fed much at my place," he said plainly, waving his hand around. "Oh. Are you okay over there?" I replied back absolutely shocked. "Oh, don't worry about it. Look...er, can we just talk about it tomorrow," he whispered not wanting this conversation to continue.

I nodded, still feeling concerned about what was going on at home with Matt. I lay on my bed, inviting him to sit next to me. He reluctantly joined me, looking comfortable on top of my bed. MY BED! MATT WAS ON MY BED! I was starting to gay panic again.

.~ Matt's POV ~.

I could see Gus panic again for some reason. I hastily turned on his large crystal ball, which projected a massive hologram onto the wall. I could see him slowly settling down, his face saturated with red. He adorably tucked himself in a white blanket, his eyes focused on his hands. "I-er, can sleep on the floor if you want," I said seeing the look on his face.

"Oh, um-you can go in my bed...just whilst we watch the movie," he replied shyly, "unless if that's weird and yo-." I tucked myself in his bed, wrapping the white blanket over myself; I made sure to lay on the other side of the bed, not wanting to make Gus uncomfortable.

I noticed the tips of his ears turning a light pink hue. No, Matt. He's not into you...he's probably just blushing because he's shy. "Whatcha' wanna watch?" Gus looked over at me, interrupting my thoughts. "Um, do you know about the movie Luca?"

(A/N: Do y'all know what Luca is? Y'know, the gay fish lovers movie. Oh btw spoilers for the ending!)

"YOU KNOW ABOUT LUCA?! I'm like the only person who knows that movie," he exclaimed, eyes wide open with stars. "Uh, course I know about Luca. Isn't it...a bit gay," I questioned. Gus giggled. "Why? You gay?" he teasingly smirked.

"What? Oh, er-no...of course not," I promptly lied. He giggled again and turned the movie on, snuggling in a bit closer to me...

‧₊˚ Time Skip —————————————————

We were towards the end of the movie. I looked down at Gus to see him way closer than we originally were, to the point he was almost touching my chest. To be honest, a slight part of me was hoping he wouldn't notice; I just felt so naturally comfortable near him.

Suddenly, he started crying. I watched as Luca hopped onto the train, leaving Alberto behind. I started tearing up as well. Then, Gus did the most unexpected. He wrapped his arms around my chest, which in response my face turned absolutely red.

This is getting a bit weird, but why do I like it? Oh, come on Mattholomule, you're not gay... probably. I noticed Gus looking up to me, our eyes metaphorically touching, seemingly never wanting to let go. I resisted myself from bopping his cute little nose which had gradually started to turn red.

Not too long after, we realised the position we were in; Gus's face was turning a dark shade of red. "OH, ER-SORRY," he blurted out, immediately unwrapping his arms around my chest. "Wha-oh, no; it's fine!" I interrupted, disappointed that our small moment was so abruptly broken apart.

IT'S FINE!? I've never felt this way before, what is it? It can't be love...can it? I mean I liked it; staring at him but-THINK MATTHOLOMULE, YOU'RE NOT GAY. What would my parents think? A queer in their own household?

To avoid any more awkward silences I stood up and started cleaning our McBelos junk, taking small glances at Gus whilst he wasn't looking. Night had crept up the Boiling Isles rapidly, and midnight was approaching fast. Gus had laid a whole mattress, most likely built into his own bed somehow.

"Matty, wanna see something pretty?" he slowly asked, his gaze focused on my eyes. I FORGOT HE CALLED ME MATTY. "Mhm...er, what is it?" I replied back, curious. Gus created a blue spell circle with his fingers, which in response added a light blue haze; making the room feel atmospheric. After that, I focused my eyes on the most beautiful sight ever.

A miniature version of the solar system was seemingly levitating on the ceiling, amongst of which were millions of brightly lit stars that had the many constellations shining neatly. "Woah, this-this is actually really pretty." Gus rested on his bed to admire his heavenly illusion, his hands acting as a pillow. "Yeah, my dad used to cast it whenever I had trouble sleeping...it takes practise but once you perfect it, it's magical."

Midnight had approached, and I felt exhausted despite me barely even moving today. "To be honest, I feel so tired...I'm going to bed," I mumbled, lingering on the last few words, wanting to save the last few moments I had with Gus today. "M'kay, goodnight...Matty." Oh boy, here comes that feeling again.

My eyes slowly drifted to a close, my ears sleeping to the ambience of Gus's scroll before I eventually slept.

A/N (author's note) [skip if you want to!]:

I don't want Gus and Matt's relationship to start too soon. However, Gus has a small crush on Matt. Matt also has a small crush on Gus but since he was raised in a homophobic (I'm aware that homophobia is not real on the Boiling Isles but for story reasons...) setting, he has never really bothered to identify his sexuality, still unsure on why he likes boys.

By the way, Gus and Matt are still the same age as in the show since I like gay teenagers more than men.

Thanks for reading, enjoy! [1362 words]