Ceremony

The birds chirped and the sun shined through the curtains. Classic fairytale wake up. 

"Prince Augustus! Your father just spoke to me; he'd like you to prepare yourself for your birthday ceremony. Look nice for the public he said, groom yourself well."

All I could think is; seriously I just woke up and can't I do whatever I want on my birthday?

 But that'd be rude to say so I went with a "Thanks for the information, I will do so immediately." 

She nodded and then left the room. 

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I ran myself a bath and put some bubbly soap in since I still enjoyed it since I have the maturity of a child. 

Isaiah always said it was childish but it really helps me stay calm, and I love lavender scents... plus today is my 18th birthday, I should be treating myself. 

I grabbed a towel and the fancy change of clothes labeled 'Wear this for the ceremony.' with my own pen on it. It looked... flashy. And way too fancy. But I suppose it was for an occasion. So I accepted it. 

I stepped into the bath which was super warm and bubbly. And the bubbles were very purple-y. I inhaled the lavender scent which calmed me a lot and was kind of encouraging me to go back to sleep and skip the ceremony but I couldn't I was bursting with excitement, as well as dread, for the ceremony. 

On one hand, I have to give speeches about what this year was like and display it as a great year. Which it wasn't. But on the other hand, there are tons of fun things to do afterward. When I'm done I get to go in the crowd and my father would talk about random other political things and not notice me. This means I have tons of time to spend with Theo, and Zarah is shes up for it. 

I played with the bubbles for a bit (maturity!) Then pulled the drain since I can't come to my ceremony looking like a raison. My father would kill me. 

I get out of the bath and dry myself off. Once I'm completely dry I change into my over-the-top outfit and rushed to get downstairs so I  won't be late. 

"Happy birthday sweetie." my mother says. 

"Thanks mother." I smile. 

Isaiah just glares at me, not even surprised. 

Zarah leaps to give me a hug.

"Happy birthday!"

"Aw your so cute together." My moms says. 

"Uh- Yes indeed ma'am." Zarah nodds. 

"Well, there will be food outside for you after the ceremony, go out a little early just in case." my mother hurried me out. 

I nod and me and Zarah head outside. 

"Hello, son."

"Hello father." 

"Just read whats written on this paper for your speech." He pointed to a big sheet of parchment with fine print. 

I nod forcefully and I'm pretty sure Zarah looks like shes about to laugh when she goes up to read the paper. 

"This is so cheesy." Zarah whispers to herself. 

I look over her shoulder at the script. 

Shes right. 

It's very cheesy. 

Like some of the romance novels I've read. 

People start to come wishing my a happy birthday, far too many people than my throat would allow me to yell thank you at.