C H A P T E R O N E

A/N: this is dedicated to a guy whom i like greatly. you were my inspiration for making this, even though i know this is nothing but just some bull type of imagination that would never ever happen in real life. for the sake of my pride, i will keep you anonymous. a secret i will carry to the grave HAHAHA. i know you won't know or read this, but just so you know, you're my first muse. (winks shyly)

---

C H A P T E R  O N E: THE NEW NEIGHBOR

---

The dejected blonde casted her eyes away from the heartbroken eyes of her former lover, letting out a small smile. Lalisa Manoban looked down onto the luggage present onto the ground and held one of the bags tightly. "I think I have to go now," she muttered under her breath before looking up at her former lover for a goodbye, but only saw his downcast head, waving her goodbye before turning around, his retreating back the last thing she could ever see.

Lalisa sighed as she stared at the ground for a moment, before deciding to sit around on the bench, waiting for her uber to come. As she did, she spotted an affectionate couple beside her, flirting with one another, their hands laced together. The public display of affection made Lalisa look away as she couldn't bear to see this. She felt bitter.

Lalisa knew that it was bad for someone to feel like this, but she couldn't help it. The fact that she was only twenty-one and had rejected her former lover's proposal had caused disappointment among both of their families. What made it worse was that, she didn't regret saying no to the proposal. She just wasn't ready for marriage yet, considering she still wasn't out of college yet, and her former lover's nearing his mid-thirties. They both wanted different things- she wanted to live her youth, he wanted to settle down.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be between the two of them. But it's okay. At least she made memories with him.

When she was only eighteen, she met a handsome lawyer named Oh Sehun. Lalisa fell for him fast. She thought at first that it was just a harmless little crush but when Sehun had confessed to her one night, that one night had changed everything. The two had started to date after that, and their relationship meant the world to Lalisa. Every bits and pieces of their relationship meant so much to Lalisa and Sehun. But now, it didn't matter because they broke up as they wanted different things in their love life; she had to go on with her life knowing that fact.

And she despised every minute of knowing it. She despised it so much, she wished that she didn't know that fact. But how can she not know it, when she slapped that fact on Sehun's face the night she said no to a happy bliss of forever with him?

After rejecting Sehun's proposal, he didn't go home that night. The whole night that Lalisa waited for him, there were a lot of what-ifs that clouded her mind. What if she had just said yes? Then maybe she shouldn't have embarassed Sehun who proposed to her with all of their friends and family present. The thought of her saying yes though, had made a turmoil in Lisa's stomach that it made her want to throw up of what she ate at dinner.