C H A P T E R T W O

---

C H A P T E R T W O: The First Interaction

---

When Jungkook himself had heard that his previous, noisy neighbors were going to move out and would be replaced with a new neighbor, he was ecstatic. Finally, a new neighbor! Most of the other people who shared the floor with his neighbor were sad to see them go. As it was also decided that the winter holidays were the time where they would leave, they gave them one huge surprise party.

Jungkook, on the other hand, decided to not attend the party as he knew that this was his one time chance to have some peace and quiet. He decided to use his family as an excuse, going home to spend his christmas with his family for a few days. He spent his days there, knowing that the party with such boys wouldn't end for only one night. Also, it was much peaceful here on his family home- sure, it was still as noisy as his neighbors as all of their relatives were here, but he didn't mind it. And while he was still there, he couldn't help but wish for a quiet, neighbor who wouldn't annoy him.

But much to Jungkook's shock, his new neighbor came in the form of a pretty, foreigner who had decided to introduce herself today. And she wasn't just any pretty, foreigner. It was his fucking first love- and adding to the cherry on the top, the love he had for her was pretty much one-sided. And she was aware of it.

Great. Fucking great. Right when Jungkook thought he could have some peace and quiet, things didn't go as planned just because of the new arrangement. Wow, what has his luck turned into?

It wasn't that Jungkook still had romantic feelings for Lalisa Manoban, aka his first, unrequited love. Sure, she was sweet and nice, a ball of sunshine, but all of those feelings were gone. In fact, whenever she was mentioned sometimes, Jungkook didn't feel anything anymore. Whatever those sweet feelings he had before, was gone, now replaced with heartache and longing for Chou Tzuyu.

But it was far too fucking embarassing. Remembering the time and the cool moves he had made in order to gain her attention before made him cringe. Just, why, oh why did he have to be so cringe like before?

And now, here she was, standing in front of him with rice cakes and chocolate milk, along with a cute smile.

"Oh wow, I'm excited that you're my neighbor! I'll be staying next door to you, Jeongguk-shi." Lalisa had greeted him cheerfully with a grin, her long brown hair swishing as she said that. She then offered her plate full of rice cakes. "They're for you! I didn't know what to make as a way to welcome my new neighbor, but I made some rice cakes and I had some chocolate milk available. I hope you like it."

Jungkook tries to smile, but it comes as an awkward, strained smile. He then takes the plate, making Lalisa smile at him.

"Thanks," was all Jungkook could say, hoping that it wasn't too awkward.