Crude awakening

The year is 2025, the human world goes as normal until NASA discovered an asteroid that's heading straight to Earth and with their attempts to save the planet, they failed. Because of NASA's failure to save the world they told everyone to go with their friend's and families to say their goodbyes but the government and NASA have been planning to build bunkers for this type of event, so they chose people who were able to afford a bunker along with some of the common folk because of their "DNA".

You were some of those lucky people and so you said goodbye to your family as you were taken away to a disclosed location. You arrive at a cold and snowy location, isolated from the rest of society, and devoid of life. It was perfect to prevent people from trying to get in who didn't have access.  The bunker was located next to a small mountain

You walk inside and there was a long line of people who were getting their I

You walk inside and there was a long line of people who were getting their I.D's along with some strange pajama like clothing. You finally got your I.D and your new clothing which was a jumpsuit made of some thin and stretchy material along with some hexagonal patterns on it. It was strange but it was very comfortable and a little tight but that didn't matter.

You were put in a group with people that were similar to your age (17) and you were taken to a small chamber that was just as cold as the place you arrived in, probably even colder. There was a row of pods that look like they can fit one person. You were really confused until the person who was in charge of your group explained what these "pods" were.

"Here we have cryogenic chamber which are designed to freeze you but not kill you which stops cellular growth to stop you from aging. The suits you are wearing are to protect your other body parts from getting hypothermia."

In your group there were many whispers of people who were concerned of this so some people asked questions.

"Why are we being put in these pods? Who will keep them maintained while we are frozen?" One person said.

"When the asteroid hits Earth all life will cease to exist thus causing a mass extinction that will cause the Earth to be dead. For the Earth to recover and re-grow life back again that will take many centuries so our priority is to preserve your bodies until the Earth restores itself."

After hearing some reassurance you along with the group comply into getting in the pods. The pod was white and looked like a futuristic coffin. It was cool but morbid at the same time.