22- Home

Sitting in the car, you tremble at the thought of returning home. Sebastian's music plays, filling the car from silence. You don't dare to look around but continue to stare out the window as Jay sits next to you in the back seat. You tighten your grip on the seatbelt across your chest, not letting a single tear fall down. Now's not the time to look weak. You force yourself to be strong but it doesn't help the thoughts in your mind from running wild.

How did I even get here?

One Day Ago

"Nanami, we need to end this."

You watch as wrinkles form on his forehead from confusion.

"What?" He's caught off guard.

"I just think we need to stop whatever's going on between us."

"But-" Nanami, struggles to get his words out. "I'm lost."

Feeling a wave of guilt, you think about whether or not you really want to go through with this. But the memory of Sebastian saying the harm he'll cause makes you stand your ground. "Um.. it's nothing with you, really. It's just- I'm going back home. So, I think we need to stop... messing around with each other."

"Messing around with each other? Going back home? What the hell are you even talking about?" Nanami shifts, his eyes fixating on you.

"I can't really say much more. I'm going home and that's it." You're aware of how heartless you sound. Especially after being intimate with him and having this amazing day. You're basically shitting on him and dipping.

"But what about-"

"Nanami. Please don't."

"Don't what? After everything... everything we've done together, I think maybe I deserve some sort of explanation." You can hear the tone of his voice become louder. You watch as Nanami takes a breath, trying to stay cool and understand you.

"I really don't know what to say. I just want to end this now because I'm leaving."

"End this?" He takes your hand. "What even is this?"

"Erm..." At a loss for words, you pull your hand away, not wanting to make this a million times harder than it already is. "I think I should go."

You stand up, walking away from him, taking your phone with you to call for a ride. Nanami chases after you, looking at you with a hurt expression on his face. You can't look at him, seeing how you're hurting him. Nanami grabs your wrist, not letting you walk any further away.

"Please just tell me what's going on."

"I'm going home, that's all."

"I don't believe you. This is your home." He takes a breath then squeezes your hand. "Does this have anything to do with Sebastian?"

You flinch. "No."

There's no point in telling him because you'll know he will try to help and that might only end in bloodshed.

"You're lying. I know you are." Nanami searches for your gaze.

"It's got nothing to do with him. I just want to go home. This isn't the right place for me."

"You're still lying. This is the right place for you. You're happy here. What is he making you do?"

"Nanami!" You shout at him, pulling your wrist away. "Why can't you just let it go? This is my decision. I'm choosing to go home." Your eyes begin to sting, tears blurring your vision.