Chapter Eight

Izuku hoped the dizziness went away soon.

His head hurt a lot, and his body felt tingling - and he was cold. His tongue was heavy in his mouth and his paws felt weird - his claws weren't responding. The world sounded muffled, less defined and like he had stuck his arm under his Dad's arm.

He blinked hard, unable to stop the tears-

Izuku's eyes snapped open and he let out a whimper at the pain cracking around his skull, lifting his heavy front limbs and looked at the pink skin, wiggling his fingers and letting out a hefty sob. It hurt his chest, forcing more cries from him. 

There was a movement in front of him, catching Izuku's still swaying vision, and he squinted in the darkness, catching white as his Dad stumbled on the spot. 

He pushed to standing, wobbling and grabbing onto his Dad's leg, hiding from the big scary Villain. A hand pushed lightly at the top of his head. "Kid, Kit, whoever you are. You need to stay back."

Shaking his head, Izuku wrapped his arms tighter, trying to let a meow, a chirp - anything. All that left his burning throat was a whimper. The clothes were itchy on his sore skin, the missing fur making every bristle of cold ache. He was hungry, so hungry, and his Dad was warm.

Warm but in danger.

Izuku buried his face in the leg as the Villain gave a laugh, doubling over but never removing his eyes from Izuku, burning holes into his back. "A kid?! A fucking kid?! That's amazing! You took my prey and brought a replacement!"

The arm shook, flattening and once again becoming a blade, glinting in the moon light and leaving a slice in the Villain's trouser leg as he carelessly swiped it out, making Izuku flinch. His Dad narrowed his eyes.

"I will not allow you harm m-this kid. Now will I allow you to walk freely. You caught me off guard once, but not again."

The Villain cackled into the air, squealing with laughter that would haunt Izuku's nightmares for years. Luckily, his Dad knew how to stop nightmares - he'd be okay. 

"How are you going to fight me with a thing on your leg! I'm going to kill you and then I'm going to slowly slice his legs and arms off until he screams blood!"

Izuku's stomach lurched and he hugged tighter, whimpering and feeling his body ache with the urge to change again - he was safer as a cat. He could run, find help for his Dad, fight-

A hand landed on the top of his head, voice lowered as eyes shone red, the arm hanging limp and blade blunt. "You will not harm a single hair on my Kit's head. Kit, I need you to call Hizashi. My phone is on my pocket, and then I need you to step back and stay back."

Looking up a the Hero, Izuku blinked slowly, nodding and reaching on his tip toes to grab the phone from the back pocket, falling on his butt as his Dad lurched slightly, wrists snapping and sending the scarf out to force the Villains attacks away.

Taking a shaky breathe, Izuku moved to press his back against the wall, not watching as his Dad was slammed to the ground and tapping numb fingers on the phone, messily operating the device and feeling tears speck his eyes when he realised he couldn't read the names.

How was he supposed to call Hizashi? 

"Top contact!"

His gaze snapped to his Dad, who gave him a nod before diving back into battle, and Izuku did as he was told, holding the phone next to his ears (before lowering it to where his ears actually were). It gave two long rings before a muffled voice answered, and Izuku opened his mouth.

"He-Hel-p D-Dad"

He didn't hear the rest, screaming as the phone was knocked from his hands, a hand gripping his hair and lifting it up by it, something sharp pressing against his throat. Izuku screamed and tried to kick out, nails scratching at the hands. 

As he felt his Body begin to change, the feeling was stripped away and the sharpness blutened, his body dropped harshly as a body ploughed into the Villain, shouting and scuffling going on. Izuku crawled to the phone, sobbing even harsher as he looked at the cracked device.

His Dad was going to die like Mama-

"Cover your ear Little Listener!"

Izuku did as he was told immediately, curling into a ball on his side at a loud scream (it was so loud) and curling tighter at the silence. He wanted his Dad. He hurt and he wanted his Dad to make it better like he had done before.

He wanted cuddles and Katsudon and wanted to play and ...

Except Izuku knew he wasn't a Kitten any longer. What if his Dad didn't want him anymore? Izuku could also be a cat again, but his body hurt so much and ... and ...

Izuku cried even more.

Hands sat him up, prying the hands off his ears and running a hand through his hair in a familiar way. "This explains a lot, doesn't it Kit?"

Izuku nodded, sniffling before leaping forwards and wrapping his Dad in a hug. It explained a lot.