Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Just as I was walking into the BAU, I could feel a pair of eyes on me, and I knew exactly where they were coming from. I wanted to look back, but I knew that would just embarrass him.  At least that's what I expected.

But my self-control had left the same day he did. So I looked back, expecting him to look away, but to my surprise, he didn't. He just kept staring. 

This was not the same Doctor Reid I remember going to the academy with. He had changed, I didn't know if it was because he had grown up, or because the job made him this way. And I hoped to god that it wasn't because of the job.

"Doctor Yilmaz, come into my office, we have a lot to talk about" a man announced. He was tall and wore a crisp black suit. He didn't look too old but the exhaustion in his eyes told another story. I would probably say that he was in his late thirties, and he was very good-looking, with a sharp jaw and an attitude that could get him anywhere.

I felt the gaze of the whole bullpen while walking up the stairs to his office. I still have no idea what his name is, and who he is. 

Walking into his office I could still feel the eyes on me. It was like I was the prey and they were the hunters, analyzing everything I did. 

The office was plain, except for some pictures on his desk. "Please sit down Doctor" I heard him say from behind his desk. I sat down and tried not to look around too much. 

I knew what he was trying to do, it wasn't my first rodeo with a profiler. "So, I guess you know why you're here?" he said while not breaking eye contact, as if we were having a starring contest. He was trying to intimidate me, and show me that he was the one in charge. 

Lucky for me, I had already seen these 'tricks', because I was the one teaching them away to new and young FBI Agents. But it looks like he had learned it from one of the best because even I felt intimidated by this man.

"I do..." 

"Hothcner" he replied

Now I at least know his name.

"Let's cut the small talk, I know that the only reason you got this job was because of Strauss, and how she 'put in a good word for you ". He accused. What the actual fuck was going on.

"Excuse me?" I asked very confusedly. This is not what I expected when I came into this office.

"Are you accusing me of only getting this job because I am close with Strauss?"

"If you need to know, I have worked my ass off for years to get to where I am now" I fumed. Who is he to even suggest something like this. 

"Doctor you need to calm down, I didn't accuse you of anything, I just want to know what you want," he said calmly, and that pissed me off even more. He was acting like I was a spy sent here to infiltrate his 'lair'. The way he looked at me could only be described in one way, he was looking at me like I was an alien, something he couldn't figure out, and I hated that. 

 "What I want?" I half yelled. "What I wanted was my teaching job at the academy, but for some reason, I was transferred here" I tried to explain calmly, but it probably sounded angrier than I expected. 

"But that's not the whole story, is it?" he questioned while studying me even more. God, I hate profilers. 

"What? Are you out of your mind, I just told you why I'm here and you think I have an alternative motive? Are you fucking kidding me?" now I was yelling. I was pissed out of my mind, how could he even suggest that. 

Outside of the room, I could feel the stares of the other agents burning into my skin. "Watch your language, I'm still your supervisor" He criticized while standing up from his desk to close the blinds. Looks like the room is not soundproof at all, and the agents outside probably heard everything I just said, but I didn't care anymore. 

"Your supervisor my ass, you just accused me of spying for Strauss." I choked while feeling the anger rising inside me. But for some reason, his gaze never left me, even if I had broken the 'staring contest' minutes ago.

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to you insult me for a job I didn't even apply for or wanted" I yell whiles standing up from my seat. 

Something changed, and his mask fell, and I saw exactly what he felt, anger and annoyance. No profiler purposely lets their mask go, if they do, they normally have a reason for it.

"Sit back down Doctor" he scoffed, while getting back into his seat. "I suggest you calm down before someone knocks on the door to check if I'm still alive after hearing you yell for no reason at all" he chastised.

*ding*

He took his phone up and read the message that was sent to him, and his mask was up again. Whatever it was, it didn't affect him at all, or if it did, he didn't show it. 

"We have a case, but I want you to remember that I'm still your superior officer, and I don't accept the behavior you have shown till now. I expect this behavior to change when we are out on the case, but when we come back we can continue with this conversation" He explained coldly, and at that moment there was only one emotion on his face, and it was distaste.