Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Walking out of the office I see a room to the right. It was a small room, but big enough for at least 8 people. It had a big projector on the wall, with a round table in the middle. Around it I see five agents sitting, and it looks like they are waiting for us. 

Trying to walk faster I feel his presence behind, coming closer and closer until he is right beside me. However he doesn't stop beside me, he just keeps walking until he is in front of me. 

It's like he doesn't want the team to see me, or even admit that I'm a part of their team now. Standing fully in front of me, he blocks my view of my new teammates. I feel the anger building up inside me.

Not being able to see the others, I have no idea how they are reacting to getting a new teammate. 

Feeling hopeless I try to stand to the side so mister unit chief is not standing in front of me anymore.

"Agents we got a new member on our team, this is Doctor Yilmaz" He declared after finally letting me stand in the room without having him blocking my view of the others.

"Omg you're the new transfer, you look so much better than you do in your photos." A girl beamed. She had straight blond hair with some small curls at the bottom. She looked a little too happy to be a BAU agent.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Penelope Garcia, the tech analyst" Penelope blurted out. 

Now that made sense, she was a big and important part of the team, but she wasn't out in the field and looking at dead bodies all day.

Then my eyes fall on the guy beside her. He was handsome, and he knew it. After catching me looking at him, he started smiling. "Hey, I'm Derek Morgan, at your service" he chuckled,  making me blush. 

I knew I was attractive, but growing up as a POC, in a white neighborhood made me feel not soo confident in my own body, so I was not used to the attention. 

"Hi Morgan, I'm Doctor Leila Yilmaz," I respond with a little flirt in my tone, not enough for it to be weird, but just enough for him to know that I find him attractive. I feel someone looking at me, but I don't bother to look back.

Then I saw him. 

David fucking Rossi 

The same David Rossi I have all the books off. 

The same David Rossi that inspired me to join the FBI.

And the same David Rossi that was one of the original members of the BAU

"I'm SSA David Rossi, it's a pleasure to meet you" he smiled.

 My idol smiled at me. 

"Oh no, the pleasure is all mine agent Rossi. I have read so many of your books" I say while trying to keep my composure. Being in a room full of profilers should make me nervous about this. But I knew all their tricks, I was the one teaching them to new agents, actually. 

"You have"? Rossi questioned with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, they are amazing," I say, almost star-struck,

"Thanks, kiddo," he says, the smile never leaving his face.

I turn around to find those eyes behind me. Those same eyes I have been dreading to see. "How are you doing, Doctor Reid," I say with hesitation in my voice.

"Good" he shrugged. Feeling all the other agents looking at me, I started to fidget. 

"U two know each other?" I heard Derek mention, he had a playful tone, but I could hear his confusion in it.

Before I could even speak, I hear Spencer respond.

"Yeah we went to the academy together, we were actually in the same class, even graduated together, actually" He mumbles.

I was about to say something when someone interrupted me

"Hi, my name is Seaver, agent Seaver".

"Nice to meet you, agent Seaver," I reply, she is blonde, with an attractive face. Not my type, but you could say she is generally attractive.

"Since everyone has met the new agent, we should start with the case" Hotch interjected. 

Trying to sit down, I see how all the seats are taken except for one seat that is between Hotchner and Reid, the two people I really want to stay away from.

"Let's start Penelope" Hotchner emphasized.

"Yes, sir" Penelope stated, as she took her projector controller and started her presentation.

"Monica Shanley, Natalie Wallace, Amber Lasko. Three college students were killed in their off-campus apartments in the last five days. Two were going to San Diego Coastal University, one was going to San Diego Tech" Penelope informed as we start seeing pictures of three dead girls. And these were some of the harshest pictures I have ever seen. The girls had stab wounds all over their bodies. I felt myself visibly cringe. 

"Well, the Unsub definitely has a type. They could all be related" Derek chimed in.

"Yeah, what he said. They are all in their early 20s, brunette, majoring in education and/or child development" Penelope agreed. I looked around, and everyone had a straight face. It was like this was a normal Thursday for them, and it probably was. 

"No fingerprints at the crime scene. The Unsub uses gloves" I hear from Reid. As I look up I see him engulfed in his file. It's good to know that some things never change. 

"He's organized" I blurt out, and I hear murmurs of agreement around the room before they are interrupted by Hotch. "Forced entry at all the apartments. Back door, patio door, living room window" 

"The homes were wrecked. Clear evidence of a struggle" Rossi blurts out. 

"He's creating a scene. He wants to inflict feat not only in his victim but in whoever finds the body." I hear from the other side of the room. I had almost forgotten that Seaver was here.

"Could be a message to the local PD" Rossi chimes in. Hotch responds with "He's killed three women in under a week". 

"In all likelihood, he's hunting for his fourth victim now" I blurt out. I look at Hotch to find him staring me right in the eyes. and everything  I see in his eyes is surprise and confusion, he doesn't break eye contact, and I don't want to be the one to break it. 

"San Diego P.D. wants us on the scene as soon as possible, wheels up in thirty," Hotch says finally looking away, and walking out of the room before any of us.