Jack Grealish- World Cup

Beth Southgate.
Dating Jack Grealish for 3 years now.
24 years old.
Jack Grealish is 26 years old.
~~~
Enjoy
~~~
Today is the finals of the world cup. Jack has been training his ass off all week. I have barely seen him and when i do he is always acting weird. He saved me a seat on the bench so i dont have to sit next to another crazy fan like in the semis.
Me and Jack live together but he always wants to be at training on time so sometimes he stays with his best friend, Phil Foden, who lives closer to the stadium than we do.
I grab my phone and send a good luck message to Jack before i get dressed. I put on the England shirt with Grealish wrote on the back and some black jeens with some cute boots. My best friend Angela picked out the boots a few weeks ago but i haven't been out in them much since.
"Hey, lets go get breakfast." Angela says walking through my front door without even knocking before.
I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow at her. We have talked about her doing that. One time Jack was just getting up and he had gone downstairs to get some coffee and the next thing i hear is a shattering cup and a scream from him. When i rushed downstairs Jack was cleaning up the mess and Angela was casually sitting at my table eating cereal.
She has scared the living shit out of Jack and so i tell her to knock but she doesn't listen.
"Okay, fine. Im sorry. I will knock next time." She apologises. I smile and grab my jacket as we both leave the house and i make sure to lock the doors this time.
We go to a local coffee shop and get drinks and snacks to walk to the stadium with. I wanted to get there slightly earlier so i could see Jack before the match but Angela always gets distracted so we usually arrive late.
"Its only 9 o'clock. The game starts at 7 tonight. We have the whole day to do what we want." Angela says laughing at me being paranoid. Its a 3 hour walk their but with Angela getting side tracked all the time it will take me much longer to get there and i want to be there atleast an hour before the game.
We go to a close by primark because Angela was complaining of her shoes rubbing against her feet and she wants to quickly buy some new shoes.
"It will only be a minute." She says going off to find the shoes. I follow her close behind looking at all the dresses. Across the street was a wedding dress shop, the dresses there are beautiful. Angela seems to hate most of them because there is always something wrong with it, one time its the lace, next the length, next the neck. She can always find something to dislike about it. Its not just dresses, its shoes as well. Which is why i know its not just goung to take a minute.
After about an hour, with the long que and actually chosing the right shoes, we begin walking to the stadium again. She bought some black trainers and claims its for jumping around when we score at the match. Angela is coming to watch but Jack could only get me the seat on the bench with the other footballers so she is going to stand with the test of the fans. She has invited her brothers and mum to come stand with her. She paid for them all and said it is an early present so she doesn't have to get them anything for Christmas.

Before we got to the stadium, we had gone in about 10 different shops for different reasons. First shoes, then food, then drinks, then just saw something interesting, then books and the food again. I only went in one book shop where i bought the book called The Inheritance Games. Angela said she heard its a great book so i just decided to buy it. It didn't cost much either.
Its now 6:18pm. I managed to get there almost an hour till kick off. The streets were crowded. The fans were already drunk and cheering and im glad there is a back entrance for me. Angela has to wait with everyone else so i decided to help her find her family before i went through the back entrance.
I showed the security man my pass before he let me in. The stadium wasnt empty completely because i saw everyone training but there wasn't any fans and all the noise was coming from outside the arena. I walk across the pitch to where everyone was passing footballs to each other.
"Hey Jack." I say. His head spins around to me. Jack runs up to me and gives me a big huge before showing me where i can put my things.
I drop my bags in a locker with his but keep my phone in my pocket for recording anything during the match.
"So im in the starting line up but Phil isn't. You can sit next to him." Jack says. I nod my head and smile.
He goes back off to training for a minute or two before they go into the changing rooms and get ready.
The fans start flooding in and its not long before the stadium is filled. I hear a high pitch female voice shout Beth beside me. I turn to look and see Angela and her family waving at me excited. It seems she went shopping again because now she is wearing loads of England merch.
I laugh at her and wave before sitting back down.
The players walk out and sing their national anthems before they decide who kicks off. Its England vs Italy.
"Lets hope for the best." Phil says beside me. I nod and take a deep breath as Italy begin with the ball.
10 minutes go by and all thats happen is pass backs from Italy. Their defence is good, last night i stayed up all night watching some of their games to see where we can make them vulnerable. Their attack is poor, the only way they can score is if our defence is shit. Luckily for us, its not. There has been a few fouls they have made which have been unbelievable the referee hadn't given out a yellow card yet.
Another 10 minutes go by and we have had 2 shots by Kane and Sterling.
After another 10 minutes, one of the Italian players had fouled Jack and it looked painful. I was glad it was given as a red card to the Italian player. I looked at Jack so see if he was okay and he looked back at me and smirked. He dived, he always dives. You could say it cheating, or you could say its being smart.
Half time comes and i walk in with the others but stand back while they do their thing with my dad. My dad needs to make changes to the line up if there is going to be any goals and he can help us win because he is the manager after all.
And walking back on the pitch, Phil is now on. I wasnt paying much attention to who was on the pitch so im not sure who has been taken off.
The first 15 minutes of the second half had everyone on the edge of their seats, there were multiple changes by Foden and Jack. The closest one we had was set up by Kane, it was so close to going into the net.
Another 15 minutes go by and Phil was shoved over twice and not even a foul was given.
Another 10 minutes go by and no goal, Italy are now managing to get chances as our players get more tired. Ther is 5 minutes remaining.
Now 4 minutes.
Mount passes the ball to Phil. He manages to get past players and then passes it to Jack who runs to the edge of their box who passed the ball back to Phil. Phil gets through a defender and passed the ball back onto Jack who just manages to get the ball into the net. Everyone jumps from their seats screaming and cheering. Jack runs to the corner and slides on his knees shouting. We could win this, 2 minutes remain. The crowd raws and cheers in Jacks honor. I sit back down and we all wait for the final minutes to pass.
The whistle blows.
We won.
I see Phil run straight past me and into the changing rooms. I assume he just really need the toilet. I smile and run up to Jack, jumping in his arms. Phil runs back to Jack and passes him something and then stands back. I look at them confused. Jack slowly gets down on one knee and brings a box out in front of him and looks up to me. This is why he was acting weird.
"Beth," he begins. Im in shock and barely move. I can hear the fans cheer and wait to see my response." Will you please, make me the happiest person on the earth and marry me?" He asked.
I nod my head and a huge cheer erupts from the crowd as Jack slips the sparkling dimond ring onto my finger.
I laugh and hug him tightly. All of tje other footballers run in a crowd us chanting 'sweet caroline'.
Im getting married.