Phil Foden- Its alright

After winning a streak of sixteen games, Manchester City lost today against Southampton. I cant imagine Phil's sullen face when he gets home; he will probably be sad and frustrated or even angry.
What if he vents his anger out on me? What if he doesnt want me seeing him  like that and leaves?
Im not even sure wether im meant to leave him alone or be right with him.
Maybe ill just cook his favourite dinner for a treat? Yeah, ill do that. He will most likely be back in 3 hours. Thats more than enough time to make his favourite food; homemade pizza.
I grab some ready made dough and begin molding it into a heart shape. I think Phil might a small gesture even after a bad day. We all have bad days, i just work in a restaurant a few days a week so i sometimes have rough days. I dont work as much as i used to because ive moved in with Phil but its nice to have my own money that i earned.

Phil likes homemade pizza; he claimes pizza from the stores are never as good. Which i do agree with. He likes a spicy pizza and a meat based one. He completely disagrees with pineapple on pizza, even says its the worst crime to ever be committed. Phil is always a little dramatic but he is best mates with Jack Grealish so i see where he adapts it from. I just hope the pizza i make today will be enough to make him smile - laugh even.

We haven't been dating for long, but my feelings have ben buried deep inside long before that. Its the first time Manchester City have lost since we have began dating so his response to the match is all new to me. Obviously i have see players reactions to losing a game but no one really sees how they feel off screen.

I wait leaned against the counter waiting for the door to open. I was a little nervous. Soon, a car pulled into the driveway which i assume was Phil's car. A minute or two later, the door opens and Phil comes in. He took off his jacket and shoes before turning to face me. I bit my lip.His facial expression registered with disappointment. I placed the pizza in front of his table as he sat down at the table.

"Hi, baby. Are you okay?" I said trying to sound normal, as if i wasn't just thinking about this moment for the past 3 hours. Phil looks at the heart shape pizza- his favourite- and back at me.

"You didn't have to, love. I'm okay." Phil utters quickly, trying to wash out the disappointment in his voice.

"I know, Phil," I said while leaning across the counter putting a big smile on my face in hopes to cheer him up, "i just had to."

He begins to eat the pizza, now smiling back at me.
"Best one yet, and i love the shape." I return his grin.

"You know, i should've come to the stadium. I know you asked me but i had work and had to be there. I should have taken the day off. I know its been difficult dealing with a lose." I say, sadness coating my voice now. I turned away so Phil wouldn't see my expression. I know it looks like km overreacting but i just cant help it.

"Its okay, its already, love. The results would've been the same. Besides i do like coming home to some delicious homemade pizza and my gorgeous girlfriend waiting for me." He replies locking eyes with me smiling and eating. Phil has already eaten so much already.

"I love you, Phil. Also the pizza is a one week thing because of your diet, sorry babe." I laugh.

He finishes eating and heads to get a shower while washing up. Back to Phil despising pineapple pizza, i love it. Its my favourite. I poke my head around the door to check the water is still running. i crouch down behind the counter and begin eating. I get about half way when i see Phil stood in front of me.

"Maya Elizabeth Spence!" He shouts, shock covering his expression. I slowly swallow the rest of my bite before slowly standing up.

"Is that what i think it is?!" He asks furiously. I slowly nod my head placing it down on the table. "Tell me i did not just catch my girlfriend eating pineapple pizza." he says.

"Okay..." I slowly say, "IT WAS THE DOG!" I shout running as fast as i can.

"WE DON'T HAVE A DOG!" He yells at me chasing me.

"EXACTLY." I say laughing making me slow down. It was stupid challenging a premier league players to a race. He was always bound to win.

I run into the living room which turned out to be the biggest mistake, im cornered. I turn around to see Phil, stood there, leaning against the doorway.

"Is there any way i can use my jokes to get my way out of this?" i ask hopefully.

"No." Phil laughs.

"What do you call a mean cactus?" I smile innocently.

"I just said no." Phil laughs.

"A prick." I start laughing. The best part is, its not even a funny joke but i laugh at the most random things.

Phil laughs and then plunges forward to me. i scream as he throws me over his shoulders and carries me upstairs.

"Phil!Put me down!" I scream laughing.

Phil then throws me onto his bed and jumps beside me.

"I can't believe you eat pineapple pizza." He says disbelievingly.

"Its just so good. My apologies you cant come to the realisation that its actually good." i say smugly and crossig my arm.

"Sometimes you really do say the stupidest things." Phil laughs.

We snuggle together and watch some movies starting at 10 things i hate about you, because its my favourite all time movie, and then mlving on to She's the man.

"Phil, im really sorry you lost the game today. You played well." I say sadly.

"Maya, ive already told you, you have nothing to apologise for. We will get back training and try again soon. It'll be alright." Phil smiles.

♡♡♡

The end. Sorry its a short one.

Who do you want to win the World Cup?

Thank you to ctawheed for helping and collaborating with this! Go check out her stories, they're amazing.

Dont forget to vote :)

Also i apologise for not posting in a while and for any spelling mistakes.