- Big Steps -

The next day had come and Marinette still wasn't over yesterday. She told Hugo not to talk to Adrien anymore and Hugo being the obedient child that he is obeyed. ''Hey, you okay'' Adrien asked as Hugo sat on the sofa. He got up and walked away but Adrien pulled him back. ''Are you mad at me'' Hugo shook his head. ''No, b-but Momma said not to talk to you again'' Hugo responded. Adrien sighed knowing he messed up. ''It's okay I will talk to your momma okay'' Hugo nodded and smiled at his dad. ''Thanks, daddy'' Adrien smiled hearing those words and Hugo skipped outside with a ball.

''Marinette why did you tell Hugo not to talk to me'' Adrien yelled. ''For his safety, he almost died yesterday and you just stood there and did nothing-'' ''I froze I'm sorry'' Adrien yelled back. ''Oh I'm sorry then'' she replied sarcastically. ''You said you wanted me to be there for him now you tell him not to talk to me make up your mind'' he yelled frustratedly. 

She crossed her arms. ''I already did, You didn't want to be in his life then, don't be in it now'' She replied before walking away. Adrien sighed and went back to Hugo. ''So what did Mommy say'' He beamed up. ''Well hmm, go ask her what she said'' Adrien replied. Hugo quickly got up and Adrien went to his office.

''Momma, can I talk to daddy now'' Hugo asked swaying from side to side. ''No baby'' Marinette responded. ''But momma-'' ''Hugo I said no'' She shot back. ''You can't do that, you promised I would get a Pubba'' Hugo teared up again. ''Yes, but not Adrien'' She responded picking him up and sitting him on her lap. ''Mommy pleaseeeeeee I promise I won't ask for anything, or go in the pool without you, or go to sleep late and-'' ''...fine'' She gave in. ''Thank you Momma I love you, bye'' Quickly giving her a kiss the small boy ran back to his father.

''Momma said I can so I can bother you now'' He smiled widely and Adrien chuckled. He held out his arms for Adrien to pick him up and he did and sat him on his desk. ''So what do you wanna do'' Adrien asked. ''Nothing, I'm gonna watch you work'' Hugo said crossing his legs as he just stared at his dad. ''Uhm kay'' Adrien replied and went back to work. 

After five minutes of Hugo staring at him barely blinking Adrien picked him up and took him upstairs to his room. ''Okay so we are going out, don't tell your mom kay, so where are your clothes'' he asked looking around. Hugo opened his closet and Adrien picked out an outfit and they both got dressed and secretly carried him out.

''Paxton have you seen Hugo'' Marinette asked as it was getting late. ''Uhm Caleb took him out with him I forgot to tell you sorry'' Paxton replied knowing she wouldn't want Adrien with Hugo. ''Okay, thanks'' She replied and walked off. Paxton texted Caleb and Adrien about what had happened so they both would go along with it.

So when Adrien was going back home Caleb picked up Hugo halfway and Adrien said he had been to work while Caleb said he took Hugo out to a park. Hugo went along with it and Marinette didn't suspect anything either...