"Oh, the Humanity" PART 1 {Human!Huggy x Reader}

Today was y/n's day off, that is, until they received a call from their manager, urgently requesting their presence. Naturally, they feared for the worst. They frantically pondered if they had done anything wrong the past few days, only to draw a blank. Sure the triplets were as chaotic and filled with energy as ever, but Y/n always managed to keep them in check. Hell, Y/n even befriended the giant Huggy Wuggy himself!

Y/n took a moment to calm their nerves while in the midst of getting ready for work. They threw on their company shirt and pants that fit well within the guidelines, if they were in trouble, they didn't want to show up out of the dress code. That'd only give them more to flame them for. Grabbing their purse Y/n jumped into action, racing out to their car and driving away to work, hoping to arrive at an impressive time. Maybe it was them just overreacting, but just in case they prepared for the worst by performing their best.

Upon arriving, Y/n trotted to the building's doors and entered. After excusing themself past the lines of people, Y/n was greeted at the sight of their very stressed manager and no sign of Huggy Wuggy. The middle-aged man bore black neatly combed hair and a company shirt slightly different from the one they were wearing. He appeared well put together for the job he was working, and despite being an intimidating man, he was actually quite friendly! He was usually understanding of people's circumstances, he even let Y/n take days off to work on their college study a while back. Hell, he even actively encouraged his workers to just take the day off if they were sick. Regardless to see such an unmoving figure suddenly irked made Y/n shift uncomfortably in their shoes.

The man's head turned towards Y/n suddenly perking in what looked to be relief as he rushed over to them. Y/n shrunk back, taken aback by the man's sudden pursuit and desperation, their anxiety had prepared them for a chew out, not a desperate man.

"Best timing yet- Y/n we need to talk, I regret to inform you but something rather odd happened to our blue star mascot that's out of our usual protocol-" The raven-haired man began as he gently guided the h/c haired person through the main hall of the guest entrance. Y/n's e/c eyes trailed along the stage where Huggy usually stood proud, noting the vacancy. Worry washed over them as they blinked their gaze back towards her manager. "Is he alright??" they inquired, their hands fidgeting with their nails anxiously as they allowed themself to be guided along.

"I'm getting there, just listen." He lightly warned, drawing in a gentle breath before continuing with a sigh. "He's fine, but he's not very cooperative at the moment. However, from what I've been told, Huggy is quite fond of you. So we're hoping you can go in there and calm him down, maybe work with him to get to the bottom of this." He suggested, though from how rapidly he was leading the way, it was more of a task being set for them. "The three handheld toy Huggies are in there with him, I imagine doing the same. They've always had a knack for attempting to cheer up whatever child is in a bitter mood." He added, now looking over at Y/n as they arrived at the doors of the power room. It was one of the many nearby doors to the podium. Looking at it, Y/n imagined that Huggy either rushed into this room or was ushered in because of its lack of personnel and prying eyes. Then again, they hardly knew if anyone had seen him in whatever state he was in. Speaking of his state, Y/n began to worry about what kind of state he was in. Did he snap and hurt someone? Was he terrified? Was he hurt? It was something that plagued their mind. Before they could think of using their common sense and ask their manager what was wrong with Huggy, their body seemed to act on its own accord. Maybe it was because deep down they cared for the fuzzy plushy, more than they ever realized. Their thoughts were often occupied by the tall mascot, however, they always brushed it off by their fascination with how lifelike he was. The company had really done the impossible by bringing a toy to life, especially on such a large scale.