In the ice

Keaya and Lumine had arrived in Dragonspine after leaving the abyss camp and breaking the news to Aethers sister.
They had rode on horseback for a few hours before arriving, Lumine I got it off the horse and you could hear the crackle of the snow under her feet, and you could see the fog from her breath. Kaeya went inside the horse up as they stood beside the lake. It was quiet and still but even so there is still some disruption in the environment and you could tell.
Not only was there old blood that stained the snow, but there was fresh blood as well, Lumine assumed some wild animals had gotten something, but Keaya looked at the water he realized that Aether was gone.

The patch of ice that froze over the water was broken and gone. There were disruptions in the snow, and covered up footsteps that that wouldn't look any different to the naked eye, but being covered by the fall and snow you could still see the slight imprint, Kia wasn't aware if it was Aether alive somehow... or if something else, someone else, had come to get the body. Lumine stared at the semi frozen lake with tears freezing on her face, she sat in silence and disbelief, and wondered what Aethers life was like on Tevat when all he could think about was going home with his sister.

...

It was the second day of the wind-bloom festival, it was the perfect weather. The sun was shining, there was a nice breeze, it was warm outside, even though it was warm outside it wasn't hot it was a peaceful spring day.
Aether and Paimon where walking through monstadt to go the Adventures guild and greet Katheryne, since it was such a nice day they went on a walk before they had to do any commissions. Aether walked up to Sara at good Hunter and got some breakfast for a starving gremlin, Paimon, and as they where about to sit down aether felt hands snake around his waist and he jumped a bit in surprise before a familiar sent came him and he relaxed, "well good morning to you to Kaeya" aether said sarcastically turning around in his grip and stared at the bluenette. Kaeya gave out a smirk "whattt~ when I see you my heart just.. ugh I can't take it!" He smiles "well I understand that but at least make yourself known before grabbing someone!... you frightened me, what if I had hit you!" Aether says with a grunt and pout. Keaya chuckles "you would never~" "if it was an automatic reflex, WHICH it is by the way, yes I would have" Aether retorted at Keayas flirtatious banter. "Fine fine, I'll make myself known next time" he says with an attitude "well the? Do you mind if I join my live for breakfast?" Keaya ask softly siting down at the table where Paimon is munching away ignoring the PDA with a eye roll.
"Yes you can join" aether smiles and shares his food with Kaeya. They are happily, they where happy...
What happened..

Aether headed off for the day, "bye Keaya I'll be back later I'm doing commissions, show me around the festival when I get back?" He waved and rushed back over to Katheryne to get the day started with not waiting for an answer from the other.
The day passed slowly as Keaya waited for the blonde to come back for the evening after doing his commissions. Keaya hated doing all the office work, since it was a holiday he got a half day and decided to head to the angle share tavern and bug Diluc, wondering what type of commissions Aether had gotten that day.

Aether worked his way through wolvendom and helped razor with some things before he set off to storm tears layer. Aethers commissions where always more combat based probably due to the fact that he was a highly ranked sword user, he hated the fact that people looked up to him in Tevat but he needed to do what he needed to, to find his sister despite his own comfort. After getting rid of quite a few hilichurl camps aether was almost done for the day he went to stormbarrers cliff and picked some Cecilia's and dandelion seeds, they headed towards monstadt. He was exhausted earlier has more physical commissions than he had done in a while, he he waded towards the guild to get his rewards and to the tavern where he knew Keaya would be waiting as always.

As Aether walked in he tried to have a little more energy and show that he was okay even though he wasn't. He was injured and physically and mentally exhausted he had a rough day even though it started out great, he wasn't expecting to do as much physical activity as he did for the first time in a while. He wished he got easier commissions but he wasn't the type to complain. He sat down next to Keaya and gave his lover the flowers he picked with a gentle and exhausted smile, aether ordered a glass of red wine and sipped on it slowly listening to the conversation Keaya was having with his friends. Aether enjoyed the tranquillity but he knew it wasn't gonna last..

Soon the walls of the tavern got wet and started melting away the room got cold aether was freezing it was dark, he was alone, everything disappeared, what was going on, the blonde was confused. Was it all a dream? Was he stuck in some hallucination? All he could remember was the ice, the ice, he couldn't breathe, aether began to panic, his sister told him he would be okay but he didn't feel okay, he was scared he was... dying. He felt the pain of him dying and that last breath painfully escape him iver and over again it was unbearable he wanted it to stop, so it did. His pain was gone. He thought to himself, "was that my life flashing before my eyes, is that my happiness? Was that my happiest moment, just being able to enjoy an drink with my lover during the holidays?" He wanted to sob he was hurting but this time not physically.. everything stopped it was black and the could t even hear his thoughts, it was the end. Aethers life had come to a stop.

...

Lumine pulled herself out of the subconscious state she had been in when she began to shiver even though she was sitting right next to fire, she had tears all over her face and she felt like a mess, Keaya was tending the fire when he looked at her. "Your back... how are you feeling?" He asked softly..
She didn't answer "would you like to see aether?" He asked with a low tone unsore if the girl would break. She managed a nod and Keaya helped her from her seat and walked her towards the edge of the water "he's in the water... I want to get him out.." Keaya said in a sad tone as a smirk rose to his face hidden from the shadows as it was now dark out.
Lumine gave approval to get Aethers body out
Keaya took a moment and paused as the girl blankly stared at the water not moving in an inch just breathing. It didn't even seem like she was thinking. There where no emotions, no expressions, and no thoughts, Lumine was coping, grieving.
Keaya took a step back to what seemed as if he was gonna jump into the water and pull the body out, but no... he gave Lumine a gentle push and she fell into the lake. It took her a second to process but when she came to Keaya used his vision to seal her under the water. He froze the abyss Queen into the water like her brother, even though he was no longer there, Lumine didn't struggle, she didn't feel the need to struggle, she let go and gentle took he rest in the ice without a fight, she was with aether one last time, in their final resting place, together.
Lumine left the world in the ice and Keaya took the steed and headed far away from monstadt to place no one would go.

Khen'rhia..
Alone..

Sorry if this chapter isn't that great I have plans for the next chapter y'all will love it!! Also thank you guys for all the support I appreciate you! And thank you for being patient during the long wait! Let me know what you think about this chapter constructive criticism is welcomed!!
Thanks enjoy
-Salem