"nine"

i'd forgotten about the incident at the party a week ago, aswell as what happened in the classroom, instead devoting what was left of my undivided attention and focus onto passing the group project, in which i was partnered with mattheo and draco.

i'd ended up finding myself upon the premises of the slytherin boys' dormitory, and to be completely honest, it wasn't as bad as i thought.

i'd constructed this image in my head of what the boys' sleeping quarters would look like.

and in that image, was a pungent scent of body odour, alcohol, sweat, and sex.

basically the embodiment of an out-of-control environment, ran by animals.

however, mattheo, draco, and lorenzo's dorm failed to meet those rather low expectations.

i'm assuming it was mattheo that kept the room almost spotless, as he was a perfectionist, and a highly-driven control freak.

but he's hot as fuck, so all those mere imperfections can remain hidden under the rug.

blaise and theodore were in a room with adrian pucey, so that's why mess wasn't as prominent of an issue in this room.

as i walked in, the beds were neatly made and folded, the emerald satin sheets compressed into a tucked format, not a crease present. the side tables had nothing upon them except maybe a small lampshade or a book, and no socks or quidditch gear littered the oakwood floor..

to add to that, the room smelt oddly pleasant, like pine and cedar wood.

"who's been burning fucking yankee candles in here?" i spoke up, trying to hide by surprise i felt due to their hygienic living state, as i ran my index finger across the closest wall, it picking up no traces of any dust whatsoever.

at this rate, their dorm room is cleaner than mine.

slightly embarrassing..

draco let out a chuckle, before raising his eyebrows, "mattheo, he hates it when this place looks like a pigsty, he's always using spells to clean this place."

mattheo rolled his eyes, "maybe if you and lorenzo actually hung your fucking clothes in the wardrobe, we wouldn't be in this position." he mumbled.

"so," i began, sitting down on what i assume was lorenzo's bed, as there were three books stacked on the side table. within one of the books, once i'd observed them, i noticed that hidden within the pages was a small packet of weed, that slid out and onto my lap.

"definitely enzo." i whispered to myself under my breath, unsurprised.

shockingly enough, lorenzo loved to read.

however he was ashamed of it.

and i'm pretty sure he actually has reading glasses..

somewhere.

i haven't seen them in a while, he wore them once in third year, but got teased by draco, therefore he never ended up wearing them again.

id always remembered him reading peacefully in the main courtyard, sat under a tree with his friends as i watched.

at that time, i wasn't cool enough to be welcomed into lorenzo's group, i was seen as a girl who was placed into the incorrect house, because i was quiet.

little fuckers accused me of being a ravenclaw.

i'll gnaw their fucking eyes out of their sockets.

third year, i kept my head down, he held his head high.

i paid attention in class, he spent the whole time muttering amongst his peers.

he slept around, i stayed cooped up in my dorm working.

it wasn't until later on i'd discovered my voice, and i began to talk to onyx, who was my partner in fourth-year potions.

eventually, i picked up their outgoing traits, and slowly i became accepted.

when lunch came around, now i was allowed to be in closer proximity of him, i'd lean over carefully and read along with him.

sometimes what he would be reading would be complete gibberish to my understanding.

once, i saw him reading a book encrypted in latin.

but reading didn't fit his persona he'd created for himself. lorenzo berkshire - popular, attractive, top quidditch player, party enthusiast, drug fanatic, sex god.

i think i just created his fucking tinder bio.

not that he'd know what tinder was, since he was a pure blood.

live, laugh, love being a fucking halfblood!

sometimes, i wished my mother had fucked a wizard instead of a plumber in london, 2005.

would've made my friend-gaining process in slytherin much easier.

"hello? earth to val?" mattheo stared at me, slightly confused on why i became practically unresponsive for the past five minutes.

"val, did you smoke something with enzo before you came here?" draco asked genuinely, concern present upon his face.

i huffed in amusement, "of course not," i shrugged, "sorry, i was thinking about something important."

silence.

"where's enzo anyways? quidditch practice?" i asked, leaning back on his bed, reaching in my bag that i'd thrown upon its now creased sheets to equip my essay plan.

draco sighed, "i think he was with luna, last time i checked."

"luna? doesn't she like girls? i swear she was dating pansy-," i queried, now confused, not like it's any of my business.

draco sent me a 'i don't know either, and frankly, i don't care.' look before grabbing his textbook from his drawer.

"focus." mattheo muttered, running his hand through his hair as he combed throughout every single inked word imprinted upon the textbook page, his hand stabilising the spine.

"if i fail this fucking essay, i'm going to rip both of you apart."

"kinky." i said, teasingly grinning.

"i'm serious."

<>

sorry guys this chapter is so short 😇😇😇 and badly written but like i said i don't plan these chapters at all i just go w the flow and write what pops up into my minuscule brain.

anyways, sorry for the delay in updates i've been weirdly busy for someone as lazy as me, but i promise i'll try to update more

ok bye 🧛‍♀️ thx for 300 reads ily