01

Song recommendation: Rhinestone Eyes by Gorillaz

17/12/2020
19:45 p.m.

The phoenix flames of the fireplace glowed radiantly upon the wintry night. The dancing flames cast shadows against the white-washed walls of the living room. It was quite a distracting sight for the boy plopped against the large couch, his head lulled back against the blue fabric with darkened blotches here and there.

Like everything else in the room, like the bookshelf that stood tall against one wall, the coal-dark fireplace that crackled with winter wood, the flat-screen TV, the small coffee table in front of the boy with a few small knitted table mats, the set of armchairs on either side of him, the couch too told a story. A testimony of its previous owners.

The couch had seen many years, many seasons. Many winters. Many, more than Taehyung had had the virtue of seeing. And maybe, it would see many more than Taehyung ever would see.

His hand smoothed over the rough fabric. He let out a deep exhale, head still lulled back against the comfortable cushion. The wind howled outside, smashing snowflakes against the ice-cold glass. The glass seemed to have frozen. A layer of snow had gathered up outside the glass, on the windowsill. It had been there for the last day or so. They had been warned about the winter's storm.

The biggest storm the decade had ever seen, they said.

Taehyung hoped it was.

The warmth of the fireplace was like a winter's scarf against Taehyung's neck. Its warmth was a welcome sensation against his skin that threatened to freeze upon the lack of it. Taehyung eyed the fireplace. Its flames danced joyfully. The wood glowed fiery red, luminous sparks leaving the burning pieces every so often. The glow grew and faded, almost died, and then built up again.

It was taunting, Taehyung thought. The way those flames just proceeded to die but soon start to glow like before; brighter than before, if possible. Taehyung hated it. If you die, you've got to stay dead.

However, there were sparks under the ashes.

'...the weather department had stated that residents of the province should stay inside at all times and refrain from stepping out of their homes. The winter storm will continue for the next two days...'

The news reporter's voice was flat, bland. Uninteresting. Hearing her made Taehyung want to fall asleep. He wanted to-

"So we can't go out for the next two days?" A deep sigh followed by shifting on the couch.

"Hmm" Taehyung hummed. "Suppose so"

"What will we do for two whole days in here? All alone?"

Taehyung turned his head to the side, his gaze landing on the skinny boy sitting next to him on the couch.

Taehyung smirked at him.

The boy rolled his eyes in reply and let out a small chuckle before diverting his gaze back to the woman on the TV.

'...the winter storm had stopped all the police investigations...'

Taehyung's eyes traveled to the LED screen in front of them, the woman dressed in a green suit speaking with a serious tone. The previously boring voice now seemed a little more interesting.

Taehyung felt something on his thigh and he glanced down to see the boy's fingers on his naked thigh, dancing over the pale skin where his shorts had ridden up. Taehyung rose his gaze to the boy and smirked at him again.

The boy looked at him innocently, his doe-like eyes gleaming beautifully in the warm glow of the fireplace.

"Jeongguk" Taehyung whispered.

"Hmm?" Jeongguk's whole palm was on Taehyung's thigh now. His fingers were cold against Taehyung's hot skin.

Taehyung let him do as he pleases. He was about to grab his mug of hot chocolate when-

'...who went missing three months ago. The police had been investigating the case in the last three...'

Jeongguk's fingers reached Taehyung's inner thigh and the other boy looked at him, a breathy chuckle leaving him as he let his fingers wander further.

'...the police are still looking for parts of the body. We hope to give further information about this case...'

Jeongguk squeezed Taehyung's thigh making him look at the smaller boy beside him.

"Jeonggukkie" Taehyung's words were slurred.

Jeongguk sighed and took his hand off. He reached out to grab his own mug of hot chocolate that was previously placed on the small coffee table in front of them. Taehyung watched as he wrapped his hands around it and bring it to his lips, all the while keeping his gaze on the TV screen. He was listening to the news.

Taehyung's eyes traveled all over the boy. From the baggy sweater, he wore to the pair of shorts and his Christmas socks. The way he had his legs crossed on the couch; those muscular and thick thighs. His eyes were big, twinkling like opals as he attentively listened to the news.

A few minutes later Jeongguk looked back at Taehyung.

"I can't believe they haven't caught the murderers yet," Jeongguk said.

Taehyung looked back at Jeongguk. "It really is unbelievable," he said in a soft voice.

Jeongguk stared at Taehyung and Taehyung stared back at him.

Then the both of them burst out laughing.

When the laughter died down and Taehyung was left with a small smile decorating his lips, he shifted. He moved his whole body and leaned in to capture the boy's lips in a chaste kiss.

'...the investigation would be halted because of the winter storm but would proceed when it's safe for officers to be outside. Suspects of the murder still haven't been found...'

💎

Idk I saw this tiktok *shrugs*

Thoughts?