03

gonna make a playlist for this book. Any suggestions?

 Any suggestions?

25/01/2020
8.50 a.m.

The ringing of the school bell indicating the end of their biology period was loud and noisy. It made Taehyung furrow his eyebrows together in distaste as the teacher at the front of the class wrapped up her lesson. Students around him soon started scattering about, chairs scraping loudly against the tiled floor and loud chatter spreading through the class as they started to take their leave.

Taehyung quickly pushed his books into his bag and stood up, raising his head to look over the crowds to spot Jeongguk who had apparently taken his leave. Much to his disappointment, the boy had exited the classroom.

Taehyung hurriedly walked out and halted in the middle of the hallway. He rose from the tips of his shoes and looked around him to spot the boy. It didn't take him more than a few seconds for him to spot a round head with dark hair standing by the lockers. Taehyung started making his way towards the boy.

He saw Jeongguk trying to open a locker. He tugged at the handle after entering the number but seemingly he was having trouble with it.

"Need any help?"

Jeongguk's wide doe eyes met with Taehyung's. The boy shook his head, turning back at the locker. "N-no thanks. I think I got it handled" He said and went back to struggling with the locker.

Taehyung leaned against the locker nearby and watched the boy struggle for a few more seconds. When he seemed to be making no progress, Taehyung decided to barge in.

"Here, let me," Taehyung said with a sigh and took a step towards the boy.

Jeongguk's eyes widened a little when Taehyung stepped into his personal space and he took a step back, giving Taehyung more space to do his job. Taehyung turned to the locker and pushed the small, metal door inside before turning the lock and pulling it back, making the door open with a small creak.

Jeongguk grinned. "Thank you!"

"No prob," Taehyung said, taking a step back. "These were built like fifty years ago, they're rusty as fuck"

Jeongguk let out a giggle at that.

Cute, Taehyung thought.

Taehyung watched as the boy put some books inside and take out a new book before closing it, turning the lock right after. "I had trouble opening this in the morning too," He said.

"Happens"

Jeongguk smiled and turned to face Taehyung who leaned against the locker. "You're the one Mrs. Hooper assigned me to, right?"

"Yup"

"You don't have to teach me or anything like she said. I can probably do it on my own, there's no need to bother. I'm sure you're busy too and I heard you were the class president? So I bet you have so many duties to attend to-" Jeongguk babbled on and Taehyung listened with a small smile decorating his lips. The boy was quite talkative- totally not what Taehyung expected when he first saw the boy at the front of his class. He thought Jeongguk would be the quiet, shy type. The introverted boy who didn't like talking with random people. However...