Epilouge

-December 25th-

Bucky didn't promise too much. He really has no idea how to separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. I show him and when I'm done I playfully yeet the bobble of his red christmas hat to the other side of his head.

"Hey!" He complains dramatically and almost loses the egg yolk.

Christmas music is playing in the background and the mood is just perfect.

Since Michael left, we spent almost every free minute together. Sometimes we went to the boat together with Aaron to do something and sometimes I just spent my days with Aaron.

Aaron was lucky. Luke turned out to be bisexual and his 'son' was actually just his forster kid because he always wanted children. They started dating and yesterday I actually got a call from him that he just got married in Las Vegas. My eyeballs almost dropped out of my skull when I heard that but Aaron seems to be happy about that.

Spending the Christmas holidays with Bucky turned out to be a roller coaster of feelings, laughs and lots of kissing. And even though we spend so much time together I still can't get enough of him.

While I put the cookies in the oven I hear my phone ringing suddenly right next to Bucky.

"Unknown" he says surprised and i ask him to answer the phone because my hands are full.

"Hello? Yes, It's me...Of course."

He gives me the phone when I come over, saying "It's Michael"

"Michael?" I am surprised because of his unknown number but happy because he actually called me.

"Hey little sister." I hear him smiling. "Merry Christmas."

Now I smile too. "Merry Christmas!"

"I'm sorry to call from this number. I think I lost my phone. I just wanted to let you know I'm well and alive and to ask if you are too."

"I'm fine and alive as well. Bucky's with me over the holidays." My eyes fly to the love of my life, who smiles at me.

"That's good," he says, hearing an undertone.

"Listen" He then says and takes a deep breath.

"There is something I should tell you. The truth why I wanted to leave is actually...that I have a girlfriend. I met her when my crew saved her and other women from a slavery ship. It wasn't even planned but when I spoke to her for the first time I just saw she would be my first wife. I'm in Italy now, where she lives and I'm planning on asking her to marry me."

I fell silent in total shock. He had a girlfriend all this time and didn't tell me?

"How long have you known her?" Is all I can ask.

"For four years. I visit her multiple times a year. I...I really love her and I wanted you to know that."

So that is why he didn't spend Christmas with us last year.

"Does that mean you will move to Italy?"

He stays silent for a while.

"I don't know yet. She doesn't have family there so I will ask her to come with me. Only if she wants, of course."

"Oh...okay."

"And she is pregnant. The baby is coming this month."

"You're kidding me." That is too much.

"Why the hell did you never tell me?"

"Honestly? I don't know. I wanted to, but never found the right moment for it."

"Oh and now you're getting a baby and want to marry." I say dry, receiving a confused look of Bucky.

"I'm sorry," He mumbles. I bite my lip in silence.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" I ask, suddenly excited for my brother.

"A boy" I hear him smiling and feel excited for him.

"You better send some photos or I will come over by myself."

Michael chuckles at my words, "Okay."

When I hang up, I tell Bucky the whole story and when I'm done, he looks a little nervous, scratching his neck.

"I think then there is something I wanted to ask you for a while now but I never knew how to say uhm..."

My heart beats faster at what he is going to say. He looks me in the eyes and takes my hands in his.

"I don't know how long you wait today to ask this but I was wondering...Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I stare at him in silence. My soul just left my body for a second full of happiness.

I've been wondering about this for a while now but never caught the right moment to ask him and I'm so glad he started it. So I jump into his arms, in excitement, yelling: "Yes, of course!"

I feel him exhaling in relief. He takes my face in his huge hands, looks into my eyes and says: " I hope this is not too early but...I love you, Madison. I really do."

I smile like an idiot at the words that just made me the happiest woman on this planet.

" You're a lucky Man, James Barnes, because I do love you too. So much, you have no idea."

His smile gives me even more butterflies and then he kisses me with so much love that's just too much for two human beings.

So maybe we need a third person we can share our love with...

Someone whose eye colour is the perfect mix of blue and green eyes...

-the end-

***

If you stayed till here, I just wanna say thank you :) This was my first english story ever so it has a very special place in my heart and i hope you enjoyed this little story :)

Maybe we will see uns again in another book of mine :)

See ya all!

fun fact: i was just as surprised as madison when she found out michael is going to be a married father soon. This character literally did what he wanted and i'm surprised about how michael grew as a character, haha.

Did you expect such a thing?

01.01.2022