Chap 15

A large spacious room, being lit with nothing but candles and the sun through the windows, the style was that of gothic architecture. Before me and Ark Royal, Bismark herself sat on a throne. To my slight disappointment, she was... well a she, I begin to feel the strain of not even having one 'bro' with me. Bismarck stands up and then makes her way down to us, her face giving no emotions other than a blank stare. "Sie möchten also Verbündete werden?(So you wish to become allies?)" She asks us. "Es ist zwingend erforderlich, dass wir dies tun.(It is imperative that we do)" I say. She is taken aback, but then returns to her apathetic mood, "And how do you intend to achieve this?" She speaks in English. "For starters, the Sakura Empire has joined, the Vichia Dominion is clearly joining, talks with the Sardegna Empire are going very well, all that's left is you. Tell me, what are your ideals?"

"... Loyalty above all else, we also have the belief that those fit enough to protect humanity are only those who are powerful enough."

"Was not Iron Blood part of Azur Lane, an organization to protect humanity, and thus you yourselves have some form of duty or loyalty to it."

"..."

"And let me give you a piece of advice, if I may; those who are together are stronger, and those who intend to only make enemies doom themselves, especially if their ambition gets the best of them."

Bismarck stays silent, thinking. "You bring an interesting offer, but how do you intend for all of us to become 'together'?"

"Trust, things won't get better until we trust and accept each other, Trust is vital in a peaceful world, we are also offering, or in fact implore, that you contribute some of your personnel to the base, allow to do sorties with another and such in order to build that trust and perhaps even friendship, as sappy as it sounds. I'm not sure what the exact translation is but in my language we more or less call this 'Conviviendo'."

"What about Northern Parliament?"

"Diplomats are being sent, but it's a high probability they will join."

She remains silent. I reach out my arms with the hand open, "We stretch out not weapons but arms to you, we only hope that you do the same so we can no longer fight each other, we both know we disdain it." "... Very well, Aguila, was it? We shall accept your offer, may the future hold brightness for all of us and humanity." "Danke schön." We shake hands.

Returning, Javelin came running towards me and gave a nice hug, "Father!" She exclaims. "Well, well, what is going on here?" Ark asks concerningly. "What, can't we have a nice father daughter dynamic?" I say, but she remains unconvinced, "You can be the mother." "Deal!". Some time has passed, all went well, relations were good between the faction, and the Siren threat, while still present, did substantially lower with the now combined powers of Azur Lane. At the base from where it all started, I had revealed my origins to the other leaders, I was currently showcasing the Harrier to them. Sat the familiar seat I had been in countless of times, I showed them the avionics, "Right here in this HUD is what the recon pod can see and it can have different modes, such as heat or night vision, this can also be used to designate and guide munitions through laser guidance. Right here is-" Static cut me off, "excuse me one moment ladies." I worked on the receiver to get a better signal. After some playing around I finally got it, we all listened in. "Red Team, fast movers inbound, confirmed bandits, BRAA; 2-8-0, angles 5, hot heading! You're cleared hot, scramble, scramble! Their origin is best guessed as that from a CSG somewhere around 1,000km (~621mi) away west of here, over." It was my control tower operator, there was still some static but it was still audible. "Roger, this is Red-Tw... Red-One, punching it, over." Said a man. "Think Aguila would've loved to be a part of this?" Said a second one. "I'm sure he would have." Said the newly designated Red One. It was my squadron, how am I getting a signal from them? A new voice spoke, "I... I-I just can't believe it..." "What is it?" asked the first. "Two years ago, Aguila was gone, now this..." "After what they did! I'm surprised we're a year late to join in on this whole fiasco!" Said the second one dryly. "War with the United States eh? Let's see how this plays out." said the first, "Control, this is Red Team, we're hot, intercepting the band-*static*." The faction leaders looked at me with confusion. "Okay, so I may have forgotten to mention that the alliance didn't have it well with the US, mainly because of how uncooperative the US is and some certain things they have done." I will explain. They then turn towards Enterprise, looking at her with suspicion and distrust, I get between them before anything else happens. "Woah, woah, don't look at her, from what I have seen, Eagle Union is nothing like the one I'm from, and this is the problem I'm talking about, with just any slight disesteem of anyone can just start another conflict, so please back down they are not the same." They do "... *sigh* right then i guess that will do for today." I dismiss them. I look back to Enterprise, facing the ground, her eyes having some guilt but manages to make contact with mine. "Thank you..." she managed to speak. After everyone had left, I went back to my seat. I tried to make contact again but nothing. I thought back on the words of what my wingmen said, and contrary to what they would think, I felt unpleasantly sick about it. I realized the idea of waging war against the US no longer entertained me. I stared at the instruments, with guilt of my own, for some time. Ark then came up to me, "You alright love?" "Hmm? Oh yeah, I'm fine, what is it dear?" "There's a cultural exchange event going on and I thought we could be there together." "Uh yes, why don't we." Leaving the Harrier, I gave it more look, the guilt will lay heavy on my mind for some time.

Fin

Teaser

*Roughly two years earlier*

A vicenarian read a news article of his, 'Lost RAF Jet Found, No Pilot!'. "Hey, check this." he says to another. "Wot?" she questions. "The Imperials found the pilot who disappeared some time ago, err, his jet at least, looks quite beat up really." He answers.

"Oh, do they know what happened?" She asks again.

"Imperials did an autopsy on the aircraft, they concluded it was a mechanical and maintenance error, and on top of that, horrendous weather, poor mate. Aguila Dorado was his name... Dorado? Where have I heard that before?"

"Wasn't that the last name of your sister's 'boyfriend', the same person perhaps?"

"No, that one isn't in the military, but they might be related. Right then, it's about time we get ready."

"Why are we even practicing flying the F-15 STOL if our main jet is the Typhoon?"

"Well it's good to be familiar with a number of aircraft should the need arise."

"Could you at least please refrain from pulling nine-plus G turns?"

"That is a promise you should not count on me keeping."

----------------------------------------------------

Authors Notes;

Uh, yeah... this should be my first completed story. Oh yeah, that teaser is for a third story which I will start after finishing "AEON". Yeah I know the 'daughter father' thing came literally out of nowhere but it was really just for comical purposes, and in my defense, this story take over the course of two years so there's some unmentioned exposition and... yeah that's it... 

Its going to take some time to prepare and publish the first chapter for part two of AEON, I pray it wont be so much as a shit show as it is now, but after that I should be able to publish at most every three weeks, hopefully, don't count on it. But uh, yeah, see you guys there.

Oh I forgot to mention, as you can probably notice, there isn't necessarily a lot of originality here seeing how it essentially follows the show, ironically enough the purpose of this, apart to just kill time planning out the rest of "Aeon", is to exercise creativity, as well as figuring out a couple of things, the first part of AEON was just a way to just start somewhere and see where I was at in writing, writing style more specifically, second part I will try to do and focus more in character and themes in my end.