The widow

The widow

Lighting and thunder were heard outside, the flash of lightning illuminated Debbie who was lying in bed.

a small black- and-white portable TV was sat on a chair.

Debbie was watching the TV, her face bathed in the light from the set.

Debbịe was watching "America 's Most Disgusting Unsolved Crimes.

"Tonight on "Anerica's Most Disgusting Unsolved Crimes," we investigate the case of Ursula..."

There on the TV screen was Debbie disguised as a moody Scandinavian blonde.

"Carmen..."

The screen nexts showed Debbie, disguised as a tempestuous, raven-haired Latina.

"And Nadine..."

The screen showed Debbie, disguised as an Ann-Margret redhead.

"Three very different women, with one thing in common..."

The photos are shown together.

"Murder! And they are all the same woman! She is known by the police as a black widow, she mates and she kills. She investigates wealthy men, finding the richest, loneliest bachelors,.."
On the wall of the room were photos of Fester and newspaper clippings, with headlines which read.

ADDAMS FORTUNE STILL INTACT.

BIZARRE FAMILY ONE OF AMERICA'S GOLD MINES.

"... and then she gains their trust, and their love. Finally she marries them and kills them, on the wedding night. The deaths appear accidental, and after the funeral, she disappears, cash in hand. But the money never lasts..."

Debbie glared at the screen.

"and soon the black widow is hungry again. Hungry for cash, hungry for love, A mistress of disguise, she has eluded the authorities for years. Who is she? And what seemingly innocent pose will she next assume?"

Tapped on a cracked mirror a mock-up of other possible disguises, Debbie in a pageboy and glasses, Debbie with freckles and pigtails, and a picture of Kathie Lee Gifford.

........................................................................................
........................................

Wednesday is asleep in her bunk.

Lighting strikes.

Her eyes snap open.

She knows something is Wrong.

........................................................................................
........................................

The next morning Alchemy Mortica, Gomez, Fester and Debbie are all seated at the breakfast table.

Debbie holds Pubert and Granny and Lurch are serving the meal.

"Our Fester, engaged to be married!"

Granny looked to Lurch.

"I Owe you fiftY."

Granny holds the moving grey substance to Fester.

"Porridge?"

"Yes, please! Today I'm so happy, I could eat a horse!"

Returning to the stove , for a different pot granny picks it up.

"Suit yourself."

"We're all so excited, for the two of you." Alchemy spoke between sips of her drink.