○●Chapter 5●○

Music blasts from the speakers.
I felt as if my eardrums were about to burst.

People really find this entertaining?

I sit on a couch close to the drink bar indoors, it was loud, but not as crowded as outside. I just scroll on my phone.

     "Espresso!" A familiar voice calls out.

I look up to see Latte.

     "You actually came, I don't believe it!" She giggles.

     "Just because you kept nagging me." I roll my eyes.

     "How 'bout your little crush?" She pokes at me.

     "Oh come on, you're acting like a sixth grader."

     "Whatever," Latte laughs. "Did you come with him?"

I flinch a little bit. How'd she know that?!
If I say yes, I'll never hear the end of her teasing me, but if I say no, I'll need to think up an excuse to why I came here! And Latte is really good at seeing if someone's lying.

     "Well- uh, he kept on begging me to come, but I just came here to make him shut up." I say, quickly.

     "Well," Latte says, hands on her hips. "I'm glad your getting along a bit, I guess."

I scoff.

     "Can I meet him?" She asks, smiling.

     "I mean, yeah, if you can find him." I answer, looking down at my phone.

     "But, I don't know how he looks like." Latte says, hoping I'll lead her to him.

     "Oh, well, bummer then." I smirk.

     "Haha." She rolls her eyes. "Well, I'm heading to the snack bar, wanna come?"

     "Nah, I'm probably going to leave."

     "Oh, come on. Stay at least a little longer, I mean you came here, might as well have some food or drink."

Latte runs up to the snack bar, tagging along with some of her friends.

I get up and brush off dust from my pants.

I guess she's right about food. I mean, it looks like mediocre party food/drinks, but it's better that a cold Hot Pocket.

I pour myself a drink to pass the time. I don't normally have alcohol, but it didn't taste so bad.

(BTW, in this story, pretend like the legal drinking age is 18, so they're not like, underage drinking.)
_______________________________________
~Madeleine POV~

Espresso and I kinda spilt ways after we entered the party.

I kind of felt bad for dragging him to this party and not even hanging out with him, but I figured he's probably hanging out with his cousin.

I'm surrounded by people from high school outside, where pretty much everyone was. We kind of just laugh, eat and just enjoy the party.
_______________________________________

About 30 minutes past. The party was a bit more mellow, but some people were starting random party games.

My high school friends finally left me alone, not that I hate them, it's just that they talk to me non-stop.

I look around. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Espresso at all. Did he leave? I wouldn't be surprised, but why does it kinda pain me?

I go inside. There was about no one inside since everyone was playing party games out.

I guess I could get a quick drink in here before I go back to everyone. There's a drink bar outside as well, but so many people surround that place it's almost impossible to grab even a cup.

I grab the spoon and scoop out some of the beverage and pour it into my cup.

I decide to sit on the couch next to the bar while I drink it, cuz why not?

But, I notice someone else is there.

     "Espresso?" I say.

He looks up. God, he looks like he's going to faint at any moment, just how much did he have to drink?

He stands up, wobbling.

       "Madeleine," He says, sounding tired.

Suddenly, he grabs my hand and sprints out the door. I don't even have time to react, I couldn't even put down my cup!

We start to run down a hill, Espresso still pulling my hand. Since our school is right next to a forest, we start to see more and more greenery, and we start to loose sight of the buildings.

     "E-Espresso!" I say all wonky because we're running down a hill. "Slow down! You m-might crash into something!"

The ground finally starts to get more flat, but Espresso kept running and eventually...

He tripped.

Which caused me to trip as well.

I landed on the soft grass with a thud.

     "Ow..." I say rubbing my head. "Espresso, why'd you have to lead me all the way down here?"

I stand up and wipe my clothes from some dirt.
I walk up to him and help him to his feet.

     "B-because!" He says drunkly. "I think I wanted to show you something."

     "You think?" I ask.

He turns his head and points at something.

I turn to see what he was pointing at.

I was in awe.

There was small lake that had the bright moon reflected on it, giving it the illusion of it glowing. The water was so still, it also looked like it was scattered with glitter because of the reflection of the stars.

     "Wow..." I saw, sitting down next to the lake.

Espresso dumps himself next to me.

We kinda just sit there for awhile, enjoying the view.

My head really cleared up from getting away from that party.

I slightly turn to Espresso. He wobbles a bit, trying to sit up, but suddenly he falls to his side, I catch him with my hand just in time.

I do a sigh of relief.
Looks like he's unconscious.

     "Sigh, I would think you would know better to drink too much..." I sigh.

He looks calm when he's asleep. I sigh with a smile and put his arm over my shoulder, causing him to lean on me.

I start to climb back up hill, it was difficult with the extra weight, but I can manage.

Sigh, this was a long night.