○●Chapter 9●○

~Madeleine POV~

Why is Samantha here?

We dated in Sophomore year, but I broke up with her after I realized I'm gay, I didn't tell her I was gay though because I didn't know how she would react.

I don't want to be rude or anything, so I guess I can make some small talk.

We talk a bit about classes and careers.

I kinda feel bad that I'm ignoring Espresso.

I turn to him.

     "Hey, what do you-" I start to say.

Espresso's not there. Did he leave?

     "Aw... looks like your friend left..." Sam says sounding sad.

     "I can hang out with you!" She exclaims.

     "I-It's alright!" I reply. "This was more of a 'thank-you' than a hang out, plus, the sun's already starting to set."

Sam looks up at the orange sky.

     "Oh... you're right, bummer..." She sighs.

     "But it was nice to see you around!" She says happily.

She gives me a small peck on my cheek.

She runs towards the direction of the school.

Why... why would she do that?! She knows we broke up! Does she want to get back together?

I feel angry.

One thing I don't like about Sam is that she just can't handle rejection.

And even worse... my gelato melted while we were talking! Talk about a waste...

I hear a small meow.

A tiny black cat walking around, looking for scraps.

I set down the bowl of gelato and watched the cat lick the sweet melted treat.

(BTW, the gelato was in a paper bowl, so he didn't put down a whole ass glass bowl on the ground.)
_______________________________________

I go back to the dorm.

Hopefully, Espresso's in here so I can apologize for ignoring him.

I walk in.

I see him asleep on his bed with a book on his stomach.

He didn't even take off his glasses.

It's only 6:00 P.M. I guess he was really tired today.

I guess he hasn't that hungry for dinner, but I guess I don't have an appetite either after what happened.

I go up to him and sit on the edge of his bed. I kinda just look at him for a bit.

He looks so much calmer than when he's awake.

I chuckle softly to myself.

What the fuck am I even doing? Watching Espresso sleep? What am I? Some psycopath?

I look at his stomach where the book is and carefully lift it up.

Romeo And Juliet.

I have nothing better to do since tomorrow's the weekend, and I bet Espresso won't mind me borrowing his book.

I open to page one.

Turns out it's a story about 'star-crossed lovers', it's actually kinda good.

I yawn. It's getting late...