I

word count: 830

chapter song| Resonance by Home

I jump awake, taking in a giant gasp of air, as if the life was being sucked back inside of me.

Beads of sweat cascade down my forehead and my heart thumps loudly in my chest.

It beats so hard it's overwhelming my sense of hearing and drowning out every other sound.

"What the fuck?"

My eyebrows furrow, confusion evident on my face.

"I could've sworn I just-

A sharp pain shoots through my head halting my words.

Trying to somehow ease the pain my hands grip the sides of my burning skull, it does nothing but make the hurtful feeling worse.

My breathing picks up and my heart pumps even faster.

"What the hell is going on?!"

Suddenly the pain starts to subside, I rub at my temples as I slowly calm myself down.

Looking around the room to see where I am my vision blurs making it hard to actually see anything.

What I can make out is a wall of windows to the right side of the room and a white curtain around the bed I'm in.

A soft beeping to my left confirms my suspicion, I must be in a hospital.

As my breathing slows and my body relaxes my sight gradually comes back to me.

I raise my hand to scratch at my forehead only to feel cloth wrapped around it.

"I guess my head got hurt pretty bad."

I rake my fingers through my hair and strands of it fall in my face.

My breathing stops as it gets caught in my throat.

The hair I look at isn't mine, it couldn't be.

I stare at the blonde hair In bewilderment.

Soft golden blonde hair sits where my damaged red hair should be.

'Theres got to be a logical explanation for this I'm sure.' I think to myself as I let my hand comb through the strange hair.

Finally able to see properly my eyes gaze over everything around me.

"Definitely a hospital."

More hospital beds align the wall across from me, with machines at the side of them as well.

The windows to the side are just glass panes with no curtains, letting the pale moonlight fill the room.

Carefully I move my legs from the warm bed and allow them to gently touch the cool tiled floors.

'I want to take a look outside, maybe I can look at some of the surrounding buildings and see what hospital I'm in.'

A shiver runs up my back as my feet get colder.

"Would be nice to have my bunny slippers right now."

Another sting of pain hits my head but it isn't nearly as painful as the first one so I just shake it off and move slower.

Still it hurts and I wince at the sensation, although thankfully it goes away just as fast as it came.

Reaching the windows I gaze out curiously, taking in the outside environment.

I expect to see a few familiar landmarks, something that will help me figure where the hell I could be.

"What the fuck?" I say for the hundredth time.

The bandages on my forehead connect with the icy window as I lean my head on it.

Gazing out the window in shock my knees grow weak, I place my hands on the windowsill to keep myself standing straight.

I ponder at the scenery outside, the buildings, the trees, everything.

It all looks so different yet so familiar.

"This sure as hell ain't Michigan."

I sigh and the heat from my breath fogs up the window.

Wiping the fog from the window I catch my reflection in the glass.

I stare at the stranger in awe.

My eyes water as I start to get scared, I don't know what's going on.

I don't know where I am.

And I could've sworn before waking up here I di-

A rattling sounds startles me.

I turn around and look at the only entrance to the room.

The silver doorknob slowly turns, shortly following, a clicking noise comes from the door.

Then an eerie creak as its leisurely pushed open.

My shoulder blades touches the freezing glass when I step back in fear.

The thin hospital gown provides little to no warmth.

In walks a man wearing black pants and a forest green vest with one too many pockets.

He looks at me and his eyes widen, so do mine.

The guy has a long blonde ponytail going down his back and a headband with a spiral insignia.

He's cosplaying as Inoichi.

"Ino," He says in a whispering tone.

His shoulders slump and his face relaxes like he's relieved.

"She's awake!" He shouts out into what I presume is the hallway.

'Did he just call me-?' I think as another headache hits me.

I groan and touch my temples attempting to ease the pain.

"Ino!" The man yells and comes closer to me.

Thats all I see right before I pass out.