X

word count: 1850

🍃

chapter song:
Good Thing by Zedd & Kehlani

That night Fū stood in front of me with a sad smile.

'Holy shit he's gonna kill me'

Was my initial thought, then he held out his hand. In it was a headband, a hidden leaf headband. "I want you to have this,"

A confused look on my face I just stared at him dumbfounded, the leaf insignia had a line going through it, the same line rogue ninjas make when they leave their respective villages.

He grabs my hand and gently places it onto my palm. "I don't understand?"

Fū sighs and looks up at the night sky, "I didn't either at first, when you asked me what I had planned for my life, I answered without even thinking. That kind of conviction would be praised by any of the village elders or shinobi. But you second guessed my choice, I know you hadn't meant to still that action shifted everything for me."

A hand comes to rest on top of my soft blonde hair and he looks at me sincerely. "I hadn't thought twice about spending my entire life killing for the sake of the village and eventually being killed in battle. Still you seemed like my answer wasn't all that noble, I thought about it and I do want to fight for the village. Just not right now, so until then hold on to this for me ok."

I nod, although still confused as to what the hell he was talking about. He looked back at someone standing off in the distance, "We should probably get going now, fair warning watch out for Danzō, I trust you understand the situation you're in being the heir of such a prominent clan. An attack on two potential Yamanaka prodigies in the same forest he happened to be traveling in- just please take care of yourself Ino." Fū leaves with Torune by his side.

That night I hadn't been able to sleep at all, I had just changed the timeline, without even meaning too I might've just saved both of their lives. But in the process I put a massive target on my back.

🍃

In the passing months I trained like crazy alternating between gathering nature energy and practice the jutsu I started creating with Saruku.

The jutsu were still a work in progress but I was getting closer and closer to mastering them, my nature energy training was almost the same as when I first started, then I noticed something.

I'm not sure when it happened or how but it started during that night I was in the Yamanaka shop, the night Fū left. When the plants moved toward me so oddly I just shook it off, that is until it started becoming a frequent thing.

Plants wouldn't just move when I moved they completely follow my directions, like they understood me. I set up all sorts of test and could only come up with one theory, whatever was happening to me is what happened to Hashirama. Think about it he's one of the only natural wood style users to ever exist and we both trained under the same person, this can't possibly a coincidence.

Maybe I have a plant style of some sort, who knows what this could mean.

Today is finally the day I've been waiting for academy graduation day, we will be sorted into teams and given our team numbers later. For now we're listening to a lecture Lord Hiruzen is giving about being a strong Shinobi, I try not to yawn. It's what I get for staying up so late last night.