v

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! Sorry for the late post I was with my family and forgot to publish!!!

word count: 2750

🍃

chapter song:
Scoop by Lil Nas X

3 months have passed since I began my training with stone lady. To keep things simple I bestowed upon her the name Medusa.

Figured it was fitting.

Apparently reaching Hashirama level of sage mode requires hard work and effort. Two things I did not excel in back in my former lifetime.

"Again!" Saruku shouted as I lost concentration for the tenth time today.

I was supposed to be learning to gather nature energy but I just couldn't maintain focus.

I huffed and wiped the sweat from my forehead, "this isn't how those isekai anime usually work. I thought I was supposed to automatically be OP when I woke up here."

Letting out an exhausted groan I flop backwards onto the grass and close my eyes. "I have no idea what you are referring to but if you expected power to just be handed to you, then you truly are a child."

I roll my eyes at his statement and sit up. "Fine then let's go!" I jump back into meditation wanting to make that kimono wearing ape eat his words.

After a few seconds of silence I started to feel something. A sensation grew in the pit of my stomach, gradually growing and growing until.

It growls, my stomach growls.

My head falls in disappointment, "Don't beat yourself up over it. We didn't actually think you would be able to access nature energy this early on anyway." Medusa's soft voice comments from behind me.

"What do you mean?" I ask as she helps me stand, I wipe the dirt and grass from my legs and backside.

She helps by picking blades of grass from my hair piece by piece, "well to gather nature energy you require larger chakra reserves than a normal person. Nature energy is in a sense, heavier than chakra so your body must make room and learn to store both chakra and nature energy."

We walk back to the cathedral as she explained the situation I was in. "You're the soul of an adult but still remain inside of a child's body. As a result your reserves are not sturdy enough to hold more than one energy."

"Technically I was still a child when I died in my past life, 17 and counting." I state with a smirk.

Medusa grows a shocked look on her face and tilts her head, "really? I am sorry your life was cut short at such a young age." She stops walking and gently grips my shoulders showing me her sincerity.

"No no it's fine, there was nothing for me there anyway. Trust me dying was probably the best thing that ever happened to me." As the words leave my lips emotions begin to rise into my chest, I suppress them down before they consume me.