XI

WELCOME BACK
word count: 2487

🍃

chapter song:
philiphobia by velvetears

The rest of squad 10 and I trot into the village gates tiredly, after spending the last two nights searching for stupid cats I was covered in scratches and cat piss.

Why couldn't people just get tame animals, like a turtle, turtles are perfect.

We walk over to the gate check in point to verify everything with the guards. Well Sarutobi sensei does all of that really I just pick with a potted plant that sat on the counter. I spot a seed in the dry untended soil and decide to pocket it.

"Ok you're all set, welcome home guys!"

I look up at the sky as the clouds slowly turn gray and block out the sun, rain begins as we start our walk home. A bad omen if I've ever seen one.

"Finally, sensei how about we all agree on the mission next time yeah?" Shikamaru pitches making Asuma laugh, "I'll keep that in mind, we probably won't be leaving the village for a while anyway, chunin exams are right around the corner so we should start preparing."

"Come on we just got back, what a drag."

"Chunin exams, do we have to?"

"Holy shit so soon?!"

Sarutobi sensei belts in laughter at all of our responses, "go home and get some rest I'll contact you when it's time to begin training." As we parted ways the rain began to pour more fiercely.

🍃

"Mama, Papa I'm home!" I shout as I kick my shoes off and hang up my dripping jacket.

"Come in here Ino." Father responds from the kitchen. I enter to see him looking down at a sheet of paper, his eyebrows crinkled in frustration. "Is everything okay?" Cautiously I question before taking a seat across from the man.

He sighs and gives me an small sheepish smile. "Parents of your graduating class have been informed of some tragic news, they wanted us to relay the message so that it's taken easier."

"Papa what is it?" His tone and choice of words were starting to scare me. "Your friend, the Hyuga girl, she was taken. I know this is a shock but you must-

It's as if everything he said started to drown out, how could this happen. I remember Hinata being kidnapped but that had already happened right?

Nejis dad was killed as a result of all this, so why is it happening again? Maybe I don't remember the show as well as I thought I did.

"Wait what?" As I was racking my brain over the timeline and events that somehow seemed out of order Inoichi kept talking.

"They're forming a task force to retrieve her, and they are sending in a permission of service."

My head tilts in confusion, all my knowledge of Naruto and ninja info it's my first time hearing of something like this. "What's a permission of service?"