Under The Stars

Both the young spirit and Chongyun started their journey to go to Wuwang Hill. They spent no time resting. Even when night fell, Chongyun didn't want to rest. He was growing tired but it was fine for him. Even though he'd almost collapse or even almost getting killed by enemies, he still wanted to continue.

There were even some times where he'd drop his claymore while fighting and [Y/N] had to help him. 'He needs rest.' The spirit thought. So when the night fell, [Y/N] requested him to rest but he refused. After a few more tries, he finally accepted and they both stayed at Wangshu inn.

Chongyun fell asleep immedietly but after a few hours, he woke up immedietly in the middle of the night to inform [Y/N] that he was ready to go. When he stood up, his friend was not there. He feared that she disappeard while he was asleep.

The young man quickly ran outside and saw the spirit on the balcony. "[Y/N]! What were you doing here? You had me worried!" The spirit chuckled and said the same excuse as last time. "I got bored" Chongyun sighed and grabbed [Y/N]'s hand. "Let's head out. Now. You're almost gone."

[Y/N] didn't move. She didn't want to. The air was cold.. Not that she could feel it. "[Y/N]? We should hurry.. if we don't-" Chongyun looked backed at [Y/N]. She was almost completely gone.

"Chongyun.. it's fine!" She pulled Chongyun beside her so they were side by side. "I remember when we were kids, we used to sneak out at night to watch the stars. I wanted to experience that again." The spirit dropped down to sit. The exorcist did the same. They were holding hands under the stars.

"You know my memories are slowly coming back. And thinking back when we were kids.. it feels nice." [Y/N] looked at the stars then Chongyun. She gave him a small kiss on the face and said "I really liked you back then" The exorcist blushed "Me too-" he turned to see [Y/N] but she wasn't there anymore.

The young man's head was empty. "Leaving without even saying goodbye.... [Y/N] you're too cruel..Just like always"

He stood back up and made his way back to Liyue.

Back in Liyue awaits him his friends. He walked to them apologizing with his head down. "I'm sorry for being so childish. I really should accept the fact that [Y/N] is dead..." Chongyun said with a sheepish smile.

His other friends came to comfort him. What nice friends he had. He wished to protect them and their smiles unlike how he failed to protects his old friend's.