Prologue - His will

Quirkless.....

A failure, catastrophe, a burden to this earth, a waste of space, considered scum to walk amongst normal people.

Quirkless......

One who wasn't worthy to live, neither worthy enough to die peacefully.

This was the life Izuku Midoriya lived. For something which he had no control over, he was bullied and cursed for that all his life. All he ever wanted was to become a hero that saves everyone from their torment, pain with a smile on his face, but all he ever got was laughs, punches and taunts of him being scum and an excuse of a human being.

But even in this darkness, stood out his mother. His hero, the one he looked upto the most. Pro Hero Telek, Inko Midoriya. She was the best mother he could ever ask for, always telling him to do his best and being there for him every time after his father died at the hands of a villain when he was just two years old. She was his light, and he just was in this world due to the fact he could get up and see her sweet smile that would take away all his pain, both physically and the one his heart stored.

The fourteen year old's thoughts were broken as he looked at his teacher, who was teaching them their last lesson, after which they were gonna get promoted and study in the next grade under a different teacher.

For the normal people, he was like a saviour, helping all and being a modest teacher. But for Izuku, he was more like a sorry excuse, always trimming his nails while overlooking Izuku getting beaten up by the students. "So we have to discuss your future" ,he said with a grim expression as the class grunted in annoyance.

"Kidding I know all of you want to become heroes. Non negotiable and shut up Jeffery" ,he said as he flung the papers he was holding in air, the last statement being directed at a kid who wanted to be a botanist, and the class minus Izuku cheered.

'What kind of teacher is he, there also are other professions too that are important. Talk about being negligent' ,thought Izuku as he put his 13th quirk analysis notebook in his bag.

"So Bakugou it is your dream to go to UA" ,said the teacher as a blond guy with his legs on the desk spoke up in an arrogant tone, "I'm the only one in this class that has a shot at making it to the big leagues. The rest of you should just go for the jobs as sidekicks to some trash. That's why I am trying for UA, cause unlike you I will get in."

The class went into riot mode on hearing this speech, as the teacher calmed them down while Izuku just sighed.

This was his supposed best childhood friend. Katuski 'Kaachan' Bakugou. The angry loud pomeranian, who used to be best friends with him until he got to know his status as quirkless. From then till now, he was his worst bully, ironic as both of their mothers were the best of friends. Izuku had kept a nickname for Katsuki and used to call him as 'Kaachan', at first with respect but now to just annoy the blond.

In return, Katsuki had been kind enough to keep a nickname for him too.

Deku, meaning failure.

"I see Izuku too wants to apply for UA in two years after graduation" ,said the teacher laughing, as the students in the class followed the same suit while Katsuki jumped and came to Izuku, and grabbed his collar.

"YOU DAMN DEKU, WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO UA YOU QUIRKLESS REJECT" ,he screamed in anger as his face suddenly had a smile as he threw Izuku back to his seat.

"You know what, if you want a quirk so bad, just take a swan dive off a roof and hope to be born with one in the next life" ,said Katsuki as the laughter died down and pin drop silence was heard.