Chapter 2-Before the start

Y/N's POV
*Y/N is in her bedroom. It is currently 7:28am and she has to leave for school in twenty minutes. She is frantically trying to finish her AP Spanish homework because she can't see the look on her teacher's face if they miss another. Y/N likes school mostly but lately it's felt really pointless. They already got accepted to some universities so why do her grades matter? The answer to that is their mom will go crazy if Y/N gets a bad grade and that will make their anxiety go crazy.*

Y/N: Fuck I don't even care. I'll just finish it during break before 3rd period.

They stand up, then immediately sit back down.

Y/N: Well we all know that's not going to happen.

They open the Spanish book again and start working.

*Half an hour later Y/N is in her first period class talking to Miles.*

Miles: Hey what did you get on the AP Calc test?

Y/N: Miles you have known me for about six months now, even if I never explicitly told you I wasn't taking ap calculus, you should have assumed.

Miles: Okay, okay, I get the point. But do you know what Bena got on the test?

Y/N: I'm not telling you! Go ask your girlfriend yourself!

Miles: But she scares me! And she always does better than me, I wanna win for once.

You laugh

Y/N: Good luck with that.

*Your teacher gets everyone's attention to start class.*

Ms. Claremont: Alrighty everyone so today we will be talking about something very present in the news today, Finder. Now I know many of you are over 18 and have probably already submitted your info to the trial as we are residents of the greater Seattle area.
*You and several other 18 year olds in the class nod*
However, some of you haven't yet turned 18 and may not know much about it.

Most of the class stifles laughter

Karian: Sorry Ms. C it's just that it's all anyone can talk about in school or on social media right now. We are all pretty much experts.

Ms. Claremont: Great! Well then you will all be perfectly prepared to write the essay I was just about to prepare you for.

The whole class groans

Lizzie's POV
*Lizzie is currently in the middle of doing an interview for a magazine about The Finder*

Interviewer: So I think what everyone wants to know is why did you sign up for The Finder. Some have boasted about signing up simply so they can prove that their spouse is there perfect match, is that the case for you?

Lizzie flashes a smile and chuckles

Lizzie: I mean honestly, I believe in hard work and trust making a relationship, not in fate making a perfect match. And science may be able to find people similar to you but that doesn't mean the emotions will click. I signed up because it is a very interesting trial that a lot of people put work into and if it helps some people find people they care about, that's great.

Interviewer: Well are you hoping that for yourself?

Lizzie: I am very happy right now and have a fiancé that I love so I think I'm good.
*she laughs again but more half heartedly this time*

This has been what Lizzie is telling everyone but in actuality, she doesn't know why she signed up. It made a bit of an argument with her and Robbie actually. She loves him so much but can't help but feel like her life is still missing something. She doesn't know if this is just her anxiety not letting her relax, or something more.