EIGHT

EIGHT

"Call him, Collin!"

"No, YOU call him, Jake"

"A-ah no way. It was your idea not mine".

"I just said it so as to not drive with Billy! He always screams at me when I have to drive him around".

"Billy screams at everyone, Collin – his love language is screaming like a demon and scaring the shit out of you."

"PAUL!"

"What?! It's actually true and you know that!"

Rachel scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Well, it's a little bit true... not completely though!" she says, finishing the sentence while hitting Paul on the back of his head.

"Anyway, tomorrow Seth has an exam at University, an important one. We cannot ask him to waste time with Dad and Cordelia, even if she's his imprint", she continues, knowing how much Seth cares about his University career.

"Yeah, that's right. He is going nuts for this exam, never seen him so stressed and grumpy" says Jake, biting his bottom lip and trying to come up with a solution.

"Who can be our little slave for this drive with Darth Vader himself?" whispers Collin, looking at a specific point on the wall where a little crack was forming.

The four of them immediately think about one specific person, the only one who they can force to do their dirty work.

Cordelia's POV

"Quil Ateara V, could you go a little faster?! We don't have the entire morning!"

It is the hundredth time that Uncle Billy screams at poor Quil. First he "asks" - or better screams with all his lungs - to drive slower and then to go faster. It's been a loop for the past 15 minutes. The school has never felt so far away from my grandparent's house, I cannot wait to arrive there, sign all the papers and go finally home away from my uncle.

And maybe buying something for Quil, to apologise for this nightmare.

I still cannot understand how Jake, Collin and Paul convinced him to drive us after Seth couldn't come – for reasons to me unknown.

I have to admit I was a tiny bit disappointed when I saw his car and not Seth's one, I was really hoping to see his sweet smile again.

Maybe he didn't want to come.

Or he just has other things to do, you know Cordelia, he has a life too.

"Hey kiddo, we have arrived", Billy wakes me up from my daydreaming about Seth, and I immediately get out of the car to help him get into his wheelchair. Once done, the three of us start walking towards the main building.
It was a huge wooden building, in clear wood, with a red sloping roof and a giant copy of our Reservation symbol, the Raven, right on top of the main entrance. What I like the most about the school, besides the fact that I can finally start learning our true history - while in New York I had to use those awful history books written by middle-aged white men who keep telling a different story about the colonization of our land – is that it's near the ocean. You can distinctly hear the waves breaking against the cliffs, and this is a sound I missed deeply while I was away.