WIZENGAMOT

The day for the case arrived sooner than thought and Andrea's nerves were all over the place. Lucius has informed her that the hearing is set to happen at 9.00 in the morning. Andrea had to take a sleeping draught at 7.00 in the evening previous night. Still she woke up early and took a bath. Narcissa told her to wear something formal but not expensive. She took her before breakfast potion and ate her breakfast. She didn't want to eat but Kreacher stood glaring at her until she finished her breakfast. She gulped half a vial of calming draught and flooed to Malfoy Manor.
"You okay?" Draco asked looking at her.
"I have taken calming draught. Now guess I'm okay or not?" Andrea answered.
"Everything will go fine. You will win it. Even if Dumbledore tries anything you have a solid secret proof. You will be back here sister." Draco said and hugged her. Andrea hugged him back.
"I'm sorry darling you can't come with us. Please be safe and behave yourself. Don't give Mipsy much hassle." Narcissa said to Draco giving him a kiss on his forehead.
"Yes mother. I will be good. You don't worry about me." Draco answered and kissed his mother's cheek. He squeezed Andrea's hand one last time before they flooed to the ministry of magic.
People were watching as Lucius and Narcissa walked into the ministry. They had such grace and poise, their walk radiated their power. They both were truly a power couple. Narcissa walked with her chin up not giving anyone a spare glance while Lucius had his hand on the back of his wife. Narcissa held Andrea's shoulder. They entred the courtroom and the whispers started. The Malfoys took their seat and Andrea sat beside Lucius. The door opened again and Dumbledore came in and before he could approach Andrea, Fudge entred in the courtroom and silenced everyone.
"This meeting is called to grant the magical and non magical guardianship of Heiress Potter Black to Lord and Lady Malfoy. Let the hearing begin." Dumbledore being the chief warlock stood up for opening sentence.
"I don't understand why Malfoy family wants Ms. Andrea Potter's guardianship..."
"Heiress Andrea Potter Black chief warlock." Greengrass interrupted Dumbledore.
"My apologies, but what I don't understand is why the name Black is joined in her name. She has no immediate relation to Black family." Dumbledore said.
"For being my client's magical guardian for last 10 years you are quite unaware of the facts chief warlock.. . Lords and Ladies you see my client was Blood Adopted by Sirius Black after 7 months of her birth. The goblins record shows so. Sirius Black was announced as her godfather but when he presented his wish to blood adopt her goddaughter the Potter's mutually agreed. The reason was that James Potter was like a brother to Sirius Black. So he allowed it. That is how my client goes by the name Potter Black." Greengrass said and Dumbledore gaped like a fish.
"But that doesn't clear as to why the Malfoy family wish to make themselves Andrea's magical.. "
"Heiress Potter Black chief warlock. She is the heiress to two most noble and ancient houses, it would be appreciated you address her in proper manner." Greengrass interrupted Dumbledore.
"Pardon me. As I was saying that Heiress Potter Black lives a happy life with her guardians. They are family to Heiress Potter Black. The family she lives with is her mother's sister. So I don't think there is any need to rip apart a happy family." Dumbledore argued. Andrea snorted at Dumbledore's words.
"And how do you know my client was happy there chief warlock? Have you been checking on her? " Greengrass questioned Dumbledore.
"As her magical guardian Of course I checked upon her." Dumbledore lied forgetting that Andrea had never seen him before... Well in this life!
"Lords and Ladies our chief warlock is lying in front of all of you! My client didn't even know the name of Albus Dumbledore until one day she stumbled into her attic to clean the house. There she found her mother Lilly Potter neé Evans diary which had most of her journey of her first year in Hogwarts from when she received her Hogwarts letter. There for the first time in her life she learned the name Albus Dumbledore. Now tell me chief warlock how have you been checking upon her when she doesn't even know you?" Greengrass said and the members started whispering among themselves.
"I may never have met Heiress Potter Black but I was in touch with her aunt and Uncle Petunia and Vernon Dursley. They took good care of her." Dumbledore said.
"That is where you are wrong chief warlock. My client has been physically and mentally abused by those muggles. There is a reason we don't send magical children to muggle places. The accidental magic that happens scares the muggles and they start punishing them for doing things they have no control over. My client is no different. Her aunt and uncle knew she was a magical child yet they called her freak, demon and devil. Where we were celebrating the accidental magics of our children as a blessing form lady magic; my client was being beaten up and shoved into a cupboard under the satirs and locked there without food and water. They put a cat falp on the door of my client's cupboard door and put stale pieces of bread through that. Yes you heard it right, my client was forced to live in a cupboard under the stairs since she was 3 years old. It is not that the house lacks space but my client's cousin has been alotted 2 bedrooms one for his toys and one in which the boy lives. My client was made to do all the household chores such as washing dishes and doing laundry, dee-weeding the garden and also cook for those people. Yet my client was never allowed to eat what she herself cooked. If you don't believe me. I have sent you a copy of my client's physical examination which was done by a very famous and competent healer Lady Narcissa Malfoy, we all know she is one of the most preferred healers in Britain and overseas as well." Greengrass paused as the members looked at the reports. Andrea could see the outrageous expression of people.
"Chief warlock explain! You appointed yourself as Heiress Potter Black's magical guardian yet you were unaware of all these." Amelia Bones said.
"Sorry to say Madame Bones, but you are wrong. Dumbledore had people keeping an eye on my client for her whole life. One was a squib named Arabella Figg, who lived just in the opposite house of my client and the other Elphias Doge is Dumbledore's very special and old friend. There is no way they didn't report it to Dumbledore." Greengrass said.
"I don't think I know these people solicitor." Dumbledore said however trying to control the situation.
"Madame Bones, I have my people keeping an eye on both of them. I request you allow me to bring them here and put them under veritaserum. All answers will be given." Greengrass said and Dumbledore literally paled.
"Now now Lords and Ladies. Why to make a small matter big. I admit Heiress Potter Black may have been dealt with a firm hand... But we all have faced a little rough and tumbled time growing up." Dumbledore said regaining his grandfatherly smile.
"A little rough and tumbled! Don't you think becoming an orphan at one year of age is enough rough and tumbled childhood." Greengrass said in booming voice.
"I'm sure Heiress Potter Black wants to stay with her aunt, uncle and cousin." Dumbledore said.
"Yes she wants exactly that! But she wants to stay with her aunt, Lady Narcissa Malfoy neé Balck. Her uncle, lord  Lucius Malfoy and her cousin heir Draco Malfoy." Greengrass concluded.
"I think we should rethink about this decision. It is not nice to rip a child away from her home where she had been living for 10 years. They are after all family." Dumbledore said.
"I didn't want to do this, but I guess in order to truly understand the depth of mental and emotional damage those muggle people as our chief warlock so calls them my client's 'family', has done on my client I would like to request you to allow Heiress Potter Black to say her piece." Greengrass said. Andrea took a deep breath and thanked god that the calming draught was still effective.
"Request approved. Heiress Potter Black please come and sit here in front." Fudge announced.
Andrea went and sat on the chair which was placed in the middle of the circular hall.
"Heiress Potter Black please tell us when did the physical beatings started?" Amelia Bones asked.
"Aunt Petunia always hated me and called me a freak. Sometimes she would cut my hair in horrible ways, but due to accidental magic it always grew back overnight, then next day she would beat me and tell me to stop this freakiness. I guess I was 3 or 4 years of age at that time. Then my cousin Dudley would punch me somedays and somedays all his friends would beat me up together and when I complained to aunt Petunia she said it was good and the beatings would stop my freakiness. They would treat Dudley with the equal number of chocolates as to how many times he punched me. Then Aunt Petunia would beat me if I scored higher than Dudley in the school or if I made a new friend. They would never allow me to make friends telling me I'm a freak. Aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon would beat me or burn my hands if they didn't like the taste of my cooking. They never would have told me about my parents if I hadn't found my mother's diary. It was forbidden for me to ask about my parents. Once when I was little and I asked about them, aunt Petunia told me that they died in a car crash." Andrea said and now her voice was barely above whisper. She has never said those things out loud to anyone in her life before. The tears were running down her cheeks now.
"I guess that's enough proof that heiress Potter Black should be allowed to stay away from those horrible muggles and be allowed to live in a world which accepts her and to where she truly belongs." Greengrass said stopping Andrea from saying anything further. She looked in the direction of Narcissa who also had tears in her eyes and Lucius was holding Narcissa's hand tightly.
"If I may, I suggest a family who have already has a lot of experience with the children and where Andrea will be loved and cherished and she will also get the joy of being around siblings. I would say Weasley family is perfect for her. She would be loved and adored by them." Dumbledore said and Andrea wanted to lunge at the man and gouge his eyes out at the mention of Weasley family. She hated Ron, Ginny and Molly with a passion.
"Why would my client be put into a family that already has 5 children to tend to. No offense... But we all know the financial conditions of the Weasley family. I don't know why Chief warlock is so bent on taking my client away from her blood related aunt. Do you have any problem with the Malfoy family chief warlock?" Greengrass said. He knew Dumbledore wouldn't say a word against the Malfoy family in public.
"And chief warlock here has already been proven wrong once today. He was entrusted with the care of young Heiress Potter Black and he has proven himself incompetent. And anyways chief warlock, you are awarded with many titles, those titles come with the burden of responsibilities as well. So I don't think you will have enough time to deal with a young witch." Greengrass said and bowed before the court indicating that he has concluded.
"We have heard both the sides. We are taking a 5 minutes recess; the unanimous decision will be announced after 5 minutes." Fudge said. But before anyone could say anything Andrea ran out of the courtroom and ran into the bathroom and puked. Narcissa came rushing behind and soothed her back lovingly.
"Its going to be okay sweetheart. Almost all of the members are convinced that you should not be sent back to those muggles." Narcissa said in a calm and collected tone.
"But what if they send me to those Weasleys as Dumbledore suggested. I don't want to go there... I don't want to live with them." Andrea said panicking.
"No they won't... There is a very little amount of light wizards in the winzegamont. And I don't think Amelia Bones will agree to send a child away when they clearly have a family. Come on we have to go Lucius is worried about you. Lets go." Narcissa said and Andrea nodded. She took a deep breath and walked towards the court room.
"Are you all right Dorea?" Lucius asked, there was concern in his voice. Andrea had never thought in a million years that Lucius Malfoy would be concerned about her. It felt nice that the man who wore the mask of business was actually concerned about her.
"I'm all right uncle Lucius... Just a bout of anxiety." Andrea answered and they all sat back on their seats. Dumbledore was glaring at the three of them. He wanted to talk to Andrea but Lucius and Narcissa were not leaving her side even for a minute.
Soon all the council members came back and silenced the murmers in the courtroom.
"We have a reached a unanimous decision that the magical and non magical guardianship of  heiress Potter Black should be given to Lord and Lady Malfoy as they are the immediate family of her. And as for chief warlock, you have failed in your task of providing care to a young witch, for that you are fined with 4 million galleons which you will pay to heiress Potter Black within 2 days. If you fail to do so we will be forced to put you under charge of willfully ignoring child abuse and being a part of it. So mote be it." Amelia announced and Andrea beamed. She hugged Narcissa and even Lucius, who surprisingly returned her hug and lovingly put a hand on her head.
Dumbledore was about to approach the group when Greengrass cut him and stopped him.
"I hope you pay my client the amount you have been told, while it is nothing compared to the years of physical and emotional trauma my client has suffered, but something is better than nothing. And you will hand the amount to me, I will have it transferred into the Potter vault, as I'm now assigned as her personal account manager." Greengrass said scaring Dumbledore out of his wits. Andrea snickered listening this and they moved out of the ministry.
"Thank you very much solicitor Greengrass. And thank you for saying the last part, Dumbledore's face was a sight to see." Andrea said and they all chuckled.
"Now Heiress Potter Black, you are family, please call me Marcellus." Greengrass said.
"Thank you Marcellus you may as well call me Andrea." Andrea said. They apparated back to Malfoy Manor where she was tackled in a hug by Draco almost making her fall.
"Did you win?" He asked
"Yes dragon we won!" Andrea answered and he smiled.
"I think you should eat something Andrea, you vomited due to anxiety." Narcissa said.
"You vomited? Are you okay now?" Draco asked in concern.
"Yes I'm okay, I have this slight problem of anxiety, in such stressful situations my stomach just hurls out anything in there even of its water." Andrea said scowling.
"I didn't want to eat anything today, but Kreacher stood near the chair and kept glaring at me untill I finished the breakfast." Andrea said and they all laughed.
"He is one scary elf" Narcissa said and Andrea nodded her head in agreement. They all talked and laughed and ate some sandwiches provided by the elf.
"Cissa I should head home now. I think Kreacher would start wailing any moment now. Thank you all so much for what you did for me. And I do consider you all family, I hope you feel the same." Andrea said and Narcissa smiled.
"You are a part of the family now Dorea. The doors of Malfoy manor will be open for you even late at night. We would have offered you to stay with us but we all know your elves will not agree to that neither will you. So we are okay with you staying there, its a safe place after all." Lucius said.
"Don't worry uncle Lucy... You'll see me everyday as my etiquette classes are starting from tomorrow." Andrea said grinning sheepishly. Lucius pinched the bridge of his nose at the mention of his horrible nickname.
"See you tomorrow Dory." Draco said.
"And yes I would like to formally invite you all to the Grimmauld Palace for a pleasent dinner on my birthday tomorrow. Please do come." Andrea said and Narcissa jumped in excitement.
"Of course we will be there. It would be nice to have a family dinner without any stress." Narcissa said accepting the invitation. Andrea nodded and flooed back to Grimmauld.
"Dobby, Kreacher" Andrea called for her favorite elves.
"Mistress is back home, mistress be staying here with Kreacher and Dobby, mistress would not go back to muggles." Kreacher said.
"No Kreacher I wouldn't. I'm happy here to be with you and Dobby." Andrea replied.
"Okay kreacher the Malfoy family will be coming for the dinner tomorrow. I hope you will prepare a nice feast. And also prepare a cake... Its my 11th birthday tomorrow." Andrea said and Dobby and Kreacher jumped in happiness.
"Dobby any mails for me?" Andrea asked.
"No miss no mail coming today." Dobby answered.
"Okay, I'm heading to my room and I'm going to sleep so if its okay. Don't wake me up. I will eat some fruits whenever I wake up. So don't prepare lunch for me." Andrea said and Kreacher nodded his head. Andrea went to her room and quickly changed her dress. She got into a comfy sweatpants and a nice hoodie. She was out like a light as soon as her head hit the pillow.