Jeju Island / Part 1

I want to note that I DO NOT own any of the pictures used in this chapter!

2.5k words counted

Tigger warnings: none!!

Jeju Island

Today was a very special day for you; a remarkable landmark had been made with your one and only girlfriend, Kang Sae-byeok. Your first anniversary of officially being together was particularly special for you as many of your friends didn't even give this relationship of yours two months, let alone a whole year. Sure, some days could be frustrating, but at the end of the day, when the two of you made up after an argument and you fell asleep in her embrace, it made this all very much worth it.

Sae-byeok gave you the impression that she either had no clue of the landmark or she didn't care, as it seemed to be an average start to the day. You went about your business while you suggested she get some extra rest after staying out late the night before. You silently make your way out of the apartment you were staying in and bolt towards your destination, holding the gift you planned on giving her today.

Countless conversations had been shared between the two of you in heart to heart moments, and this one really stuck out for you. She had a complex and particularly nasty start to life in the North. She had yet to experience the beauty that this world offered, which is why your gift came from a travel agency not too far from where you were staying. You had it all worked out; I mean, it had to be perfect for her after all.

The lovely island of Jeju-do had much to offer, including incredible scenery, a beautiful mountain range formed by the past eruption of the volcanic land, and one that you thought she would love is the various beaches and hiking trails. The agent who planned this with you spoke about some places to visit while you are there, and you had been blown away by all they had to offer. Manjanggul cave being one of the most recommended places to visit.

You had sorted a bucket list of places that you thought she might like to visit, and although you may not have enough time to see all of them, there was no harm in having an extensive list

You had sorted a bucket list of places that you thought she might like to visit, and although you may not have enough time to see all of them, there was no harm in having an extensive list. Another one on the list was the picturesque waterfall of cheonjiyeon. Beautiful cascades of waterfall flow from the stream above to create a lush swimming lake with shops and food establishments only a few meters away.