Stormy day

Stormy Day

Song lyrics are in bold! Song used - James Blake - I'll come too.

Trigger warnings: none!!

Summary: you spend a stormy day with your love!

Word counter: 1055

As your eyes fluttered open, the warmth you slept next to last night was missing. The usual bright sun that would blind you as you awoke was replaced by dull, grey clouds. Your unique, little beachfront home was surrounded by serenity.

The doors to your bedroom balcony were wide open, with a figure of someone sat ever so peacefully in a chair that overlooked the beach.

You finally unfold yourself from the endless amount of covers, slinging both feet down to the hard wooden flooring; the soft patter of your bare feet echoed louder into the ears of your beautiful girlfriend.

There she was, Kang Sae-byeok in all of her glory, sat peacefully as she watched and listened to the waves crash onto the shoreline. The gentle golden grains of sand lined the beach left to right. Even with the sun tucked soundly behind the storm clouds, you can see the glitter of each grain.

I'm in that kind of mood.

I've thrown my hat in the ring.

I've got nothing to lose.

With you

With you

With you

I'm in that kind of mood.

That wonderful ocean breeze whispers past your body like a love interest; it places a salty kiss upon your skin. Never underestimate the power of such a light breeze, as when provoked, it can leave a path of destruction that is unheard of. The waves roar so loud, nothing else can penetrate it; they leave white spray in the air as they collide with the rocky base of your beach house.

As you could sense a storm on the horizon, you remained resolute and approached Sae-byeok, where she sat one leg over the other. Two cups of hot liquid burning in a mug catch your eye on the table. "morning baby," Sae-byeok speaks in a raspy tone that sends a shiver down your spine.

I wouldn't do this on my own

But I'm not on my own tonight.

You take your rightful spot in her lap, curling your left arm around her neck and bringing her into a passionate kiss that tingles through every nerve you have activated. "did you get enough rest last night?" She asks as you take your cup of hot liquid, brewed by yours truly.

I'm gonna say what I need.

If it's the last thing I do

It's still hot and burns your senses when you take a large gulp. You turn your attention to Sae-byeok fully; her eyes search yours as you both get lost in the moment. Her spare hand's fingertips lightly caress your sides.

"I did, but what are you doing up so early?" you ask before planting yet another among many kisses that will occur today. Sae-byeok smiles sweetly at the bright glint in your eyes; the happiness etched along your face was all the assurance Sae-byeok needed to be happy herself.

"I woke up early, and you looked so cute when you were sleeping, so I just came out here to wait for you," Sae-byeok expressed while giving feather-light kisses to your check. Despite the weather turning for the worst, this feeling of warmth and love was too strong for any storm to take away.

Oh, you're going to the brink?

I'm going there

Why don't I come with you?

The two of you stay wrapped together, you in Kang Sae-byeok's lap, arms around her shoulders, your nose nuzzled into her neck, you inhale the sweet smell of her perfume; it overcomes your senses. It's definitely a smell you will never get tired of.

The first cold droplets of water fell from the heavens above, coating the beach belows golden grains. These drops are only rain until they reach the sea, then they become a part of the briny blue, moving with the waves as one. You guess star light is the same, shining as scattered seeds of perfect light until the return of the sun.

As you listen to mother nature take its toll around you, you hear Sae-byeok's breathing; it's calming and gives you the sense of security you had been searching for your entire life.

And so, you sit enjoying the company of each other, taking sips of your warm drink. No words are being said as you sit in silence, but the silence is welcome. It's the perfect start to your day.

And as you take a second to remove your face from Sae-byeok's neck, she looks down at you, her eyes flick down to your lips before she pushes forward and seals the sweet kiss.

A newfound respect for quiet mornings with your loved one was found in this exact moment. Everything that was going on in your life felt weightless. Like it was no longer looming over your head. She was a master at this. She could take every ounce of worry or stress you had and just crush it with the slightest bit of affection.

Everything around you became silent, and the only thing you could feel was her lips on yours. Every other sense was rendered useless right now.

Sae-byeok picked you up with ease and led you back into the bedroom, sure to close the door behind her. "how about we put on that favorite show of yours while we lay in bed and eat junk food all day?" and just like that. She made the day even better.

You weren't sure how you managed to get so lucky in life or how the goddess, Kang Sae-byeok, had come to love you, but one thing was for sure this was the best life. You wouldn't have traded it for anything.

The day went by in a flash, countless episodes later, and you were still tucked into Sae-byeok's side as she watched intently. You couldn't help but chuckle at this, as she was always the one to suggest that this show wasn't interesting enough for her to watch it.

And as night fell and the storm outside fizzled away. You honestly had the best storm day ever, and it was all thanks to your storm partner. Kang fucking Sae-byeok.