chapter 3

Later on, Corey and I get to the hospital , Sam meets us in the lobby.
"Is he ok?" I ask him hopefully, my eyes streaming with tears.
Sam doesn't say anything he shakes his head. The tears fall harder. The guys take my hands in theirs to steady me as we walk down the ward to his room.

When I saw Jake laying in the bed I was in shock.
His entire torso was wrapped in bandages, wires stuck to him connected to machines monitoring his vitals.

I sit next to him a plastic chair.
" I know it doesn't seem like it but he's gonna pull through, Jakes strong." Colby reassures me.

I grasp at Jake's exposed hand. His hand was warm and soft in mine.

A doctor comes in and tells me that they had already completed one surgery tonight and it may take more to figure out the best way to help Jake heal, he had been put in a medically induced coma to help him get stronger as it would take longer if he was awake due to the mental trauma of the events that happened.

I absorb all the information given to me.
"And can he hear me." I quiz.
"Studies have shown that, that could be a possibility." Answers the doctor.

Aaron gets me a coffee.
"Its gonna be a long night, I don't think any of us have the strength to try and take you home ." he says.
"I'm not going anywhere." I agree.
"Thats what we thought so we're each going to take in turns sitting with you cause we have no idea where that crazy fucker is." Aaron says.
"I appreciate that ."I say honestly.
I sit and talk all night till I finally fall asleep.

A week later, Jake was still in hospital , he hadn't woken up yet, unfortunately I wasn't able to spend as much time with him. I was due to start filming for Ariel. This week Corey and Aaron would be accompanying me to set. Sam and Colby would stay with Jake and be contacting me with any changes.

(Jakes Pov)
I was sat in a field, Brook was nowhere to be seen, I was all alone, strange.
The smell of hibiscus was a heavy presence in the air.
The sun was beating down on my back. This was a different world ,a paradise.

Suddenly a white cat with ocean blue eyes comes up to me and brushes itself around my torso a purr vibrating through its body

....................................................x..........................................................................................................

It had been 2 months since the awful event happened.
Jake still wasn't ready to wake , but was healing well.

I had been working hard on filming the little mermaid.
All my spare time was spent at the hospital. Sometimes I would come in straight after filming in my red wig.

Now I had a week off as we where on the last leg of filming .
I sit in Jake's room holding his hand.

"I'm sure I don't need a body guard 24/ 7." I argue , I had been ok with it until now , but had started to feel fed up recently .
"Its safer if one of us is with you ." Colby replies.
"But ..." I argue more.
"Fine I'll give you one hour." Colby gives up.
"Thank you." I sigh, he leaves the room.

"Hey , Jake I just need you to know I'm here and I won't be leaving your side until I have to." I explain to him hoping that he could hear me.
I carry on talking to him about what had happened this week.

Suddenly I feel a pressure on my hand it was Jake squeezing it. I was shocked but not over reacting , as the doctors said this was normal because he was soon going to be woken by medical staff.
Feeling this movement all though it wasn't much it made me more optimistic about his recovery. It also made me wonder weather he could really hear me.

"Jakey , I love you and I miss talking to you properly." I tell him.
Again another squeeze of my hand. I smile.

Suddenly someone enters the room , as it hadn't been an hour yet I believed it to be a nurse coming to check up on Jake.

When I turn around , I'm horrified by what I see , Arceus not even trying to hide himself.
I let out a small squeal not able to be heard outside of the room.

"Hello there my beautiful princess." He says maniacally.
"I'm not yours, and never will be again." I state.
I run out of the room.
One of Arceus' moon calf faced friends was blocking the entrance to the lobby where the others were so I rush the other way doing everything to stay away from the delusional man.

I see a set of steps and don't hesitate to flee up them.
Arceus catches up to me, I hear his shoes slapping violently at the floor.

Double doors sat at the top of the stairs. I grab at the metal handles.
I pull at them, they don't budge. I give all my strength and the doors swing open. The room was dark and icy cold, this seemed to be a restricted , non working area of the hospital. I hide behind some machinery.

(Jake's pov)
It felt like I had been sat in this field for hours, the white cat purring in my lap.
I get up feeling extremely stiff, I walk down the path the cat at my heels. The scent changed from hibiscus to strawberries.
The sun was still as bright as before.

A mile later, I hear the yowl of two cats, I hadn't heard the pearl white cat make any other sound apart from a soft purr.
I turn around and see a black cat swatting at the other. The white cat swats back, they go back and forth before staring at each other, this is when I realise the black cat had blood red eyes . I had never seen a cat with such eyes.

I was drawn away from the cats when I hear a scream, I look back at the cats and could tell that they had heard it to.
The white cat was pushing its head against my leg telling me to go back , whilst the black cat was pulling at my jeans wanting me to keep going forwards.

I feel a drop of water fall on my forehead as the sky darkens.
I decide to pick up the white cat and walk back into the unchanged field and sit where I was before.

I couldn't stop thinking about the scream , it kind of sounded familiar but I couldn't pin point who it could have been.
To take my mind off it I decided to pick a name for the cat.

"I'm gonna call you snow." I tell the sleeping cat .