Chapter 8

Trial day, I was a nervous wreck but did my best to mask it. 
Jake and I met the whole friendship group outside the court house , they all insisted on being here. We all scrubbed up pretty well. I never thought I'd see some of these people in such polished attire.

We enter , I say thank you to my friends for being here, I say my goodbyes and separate from  them.
My lawyer  briefs me and then its time to start.

"Everyone present, then we may begin." Says the judge.
He reads out the charges against Arceus ; stalking, assault , kidnap .
"And Mr Sanchez plead not guilty to these crimes." The judge states.
It made my blood boil as they treated him with the up most respect . Even more so when I looked up at Arceus to see him smiling , not an ounce of regret in his eyes.

I had to bite the inside of my cheek so not to cry loudly as the judge told the courthouse in detail what had been happening. He occasionally asked me yes or no questions.

Suddenly the judge had gotten to Jakes accident. Gruesome pictures of his  wounds flashed on the screen. I turn to him and give him an apologising look. I had no idea they even existed .

"Ok the court is dismissed  for the day " The judge says at 4pm .
We all leave the court house , I say thank you to everyone again, before Jake and I make our way home.

There aren't many words spoken on the drive home , I didn't really expect there to be.

We get home, Jake picks me up and goes to the bedroom. he lays me on the bed and simply lays down next to me . I play with his hair, he breathes deeply into my neck.
In that moment we knew all we needed was each other .

After a week of the trial I needed something to take my mind off it so that I could be in the right headspace for the second week . The girls came over for  the day.

"At least we have Paris to look forward to after this." Tara says, referring to the tickets she had given me for me for my birthday .
We drink pina coladas and do each others make up .
There was no way we weren't going to take pictures of these beautiful looks.

"I can't tell you how grateful I am for everyone's support."  I tell them.

It    was the second week of trial. Something felt off like I didn't know something they did.
All I saw was the sheriffs deputy  conversing with my lawyer , he looked instantly glum after wards , but had no time to tell me before the court had to assemble .

=======================================================================

 That night I get a phone call from Quincy.
"Hey girl, sorry to bother you but  my boss has been on my back telling me to ask you to post on instagram , 'Cause inactivity costs followers." She says imitating her boss.
"Yeah for sure I'll get on it ." I answer.
"Thanks I know your going through stuff  right now ." Quincy replies  before hanging up.

I put my phone on the couch an open Emos  vivarium and pick him up . I let him move around until he feels comfortable coiled around my wrist,  with my free hand I take pictures of his cuteness . I let Emo slither onto the sofa and take a picture of him fully stretched out .

I put Emo back in his vivarium , before going into the kitchen and thaw a small rat .
"Thank you for being a great model." I say to my snake before offering him his dinner. He takes it.

I post the pictures of Emo then I make a new post where I post the pictures from last weekend with the girls.
I smile as I read all the positive comments that flood in.
I make myself a hot water bottle and a hot cocoa . I treat  my face to a moisturizing  face  mask. 

We where now 3 weeks into the trial , My lawyer calls me over for a chat.
"We've hit a bump in the road ." He says.
"What do you mean?" I question .
"The guy who claimed to be Arceus ' accomplice was recently found to be an absolute looney bin , he was a major drug addict at the point of your abduction meaning he can't be a liable source of the events during that time." My lawyer explains.
"This means there is no sufficient evidence  for his kidnapping charge , the best he'd get would be a year for attempting to murder  your boyfriend and 6 months for his abuse against yourself ." He adds .