Chapter 1: A Rude Awakening

(Long first chapter yall)

Akaza's POV:

Akaza: "SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!"

I ran through the woods. That was waaaay too close. I can't afford to continue fighting that long. I could have died if I hadn't thought about ripping my arms off. I looked behind me and saw the sunlight disappear as I ran deeper into the forest.

Akaza: "Stupid Kyojuro.."

I hate to say it, but that was a smart move, trapping my arms. I applaud him for that.

Akaza: "I need to find shelter.."

Thankfully, I saw in the corner of my eye what looked like a small ravine. I hurried over to the ravine and jumped into the hole. Luckily, it was a cave-like ravine, so I jogged down further into the cave where the sun wouldn't shine. I leaned against the cave wall and took a breath. Since demons have night vision, I could see the rocks around me. I sat down on one of the large stones and stared at my hands for a minute. Then I clenched them.

Akaza: "Kyojuro.. You should've become a demon.."

I sighed. Then I remembered I still had that kid's sword through my chest.

Akaza: "Oh, right."

I gripped the handle of the sword and sliced it out. I threw it on the ground.

Akaza: "Dumb sword.."

I looked back down at my arms and noticed that they had blood on them. Specifically, Kyojuro's blood.

Akaza: "Huh, I wonder what he tastes like."

I wiped the blood off my arm with my finger and sniffed it.

Akaza: "Doesn't smell too bad.."

I shrugged, before licking the blood. Suddenly, my heart pounded. I went wide eyed.

Akaza: "..Y-Yummy!?"

I could tell he wasn't a Marechi but his blood was tasty nonetheless. Damnit, I wish I hadn't stalled that much. I could have eaten him..

Akaza: "Damnit, Akaza you're so stupid.."

I licked the rest of his blood off my arms and chest which took me about 20 minutes. After I was done, I wondered if those boys took his body with them. Hopefully they didn't. I mean, corpses stay good for at least 24-72 hours until they start to decompose. So if his body is still there tonight, I could still eat him.. But those boys are most likely gonna take his body and give him a proper burial. I can't let that happen.

Akaza: "But how the fuck do I go get his body with the sun out?.."

I looked over at the end of the cave where I came in. I went wide eyed.

Akaza: "Wait.."

I got closer to the hole that I jumped down through and noticed that the sun wasn't out. In fact, it looked like it was about to thunderstorm. I guess the sun had only come up for a few minutes. I put my hand out and felt little droplets of water drip onto my palm.

Akaza: "Rain.."

I took a step back.

Akaza: "...I know this is risky but.."

I jumped out of the small ravine and onto a large branch from a nearby tree. I looked around at the sky. It looked like it would be raining for the next hour. Great, an hour is all I need to go fetch his body.