Chapter 2: Rule Number Seven

I hesitated for a moment.

Akaza: "I'm Akaza. I'm a demon."

Kyojuro: "..."

He looked around and backed up a little more. I scanned him and saw that both his arms had regenerated. That was quick. I hadn't even realized.

Akaza: "Damn, you might get to be as powerful as Kokushibo.."

I sighed. I picked up his old arms and waved them around.

Akaza: "You hungry? I got fresh human arms harvested just for you."

To my surprise, he cringed at the sight of the arms.

Kyojuro: "That looks disgusting.."

Then, I heard his stomach grumble.

Akaza: "Your stomach is saying something different."

He looked down and put his hand on his stomach. He frowned.

Akaza: "Cmon, I know you want it."

Kyojuro: "Should I really be taking food from demons? And why's there a hole in my shirt?"

I rolled my eyes. I've seen a lot of demonic transformations in my life, but never a transformation where the demon didn't want to immediately take a limb and eat it. Then again, he's special. From what I've seen, usually a normal demon will have forgotten most of their human life, but still keep some of their human habits. But he still has some of his humane morals subconsciously embedded into his brain.

Akaza: "You're confused right now, so in order for you to understand what's happening, I need you to relax."

He sighed.

Kyojuro: "Fine."

He came out of the shadows and sat down. He looked at the fire.

Akaza: "So like I said, I'm Akaza. I am a demon. Specifically, the Upper Moon Three."

Kyojuro: "Okay.. I'm..."

He frowned. He looked at me puzzled.

Kyojuro: "Wait.. who am I?"

Akaza: "Uhh, your name is Kyojuro Rengoku and.. uhh..."

Kyojuro: "Ok so I'm Kyojuro Rengoku, and?"

Akaza: "Uhh, you were being attacked by a human and he pierced you through the chest. Since I was feeling nice, I saved you by killing him and made you a demon."

Kyojuro: "So I was a human?"

Akaza: "Yeah, but humans are weak. I made you strong. Demons can live for years without aging and we have unique powers."

Kyojuro: "Oh, okay."

Akaza: "But in order to stay alive, we have to feed off humans."

He frowned again.

Akaza: "Now, do you want the arm?"

Kyojuro: "..Fine."

I handed him the arm and he sniffed it.

Kyojuro: "..I guess it smells ok.."

He took a bite of the arm. He chewed a little. He made a neutral face and swallowed.

Kyojuro: "I mean, it's not bad but it tastes.. bland."

Damn he's kinda picky.

Akaza: "Well, when night falls, we can go kill a new human and eat it."